No announcement yet.

4WD BJ Familia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour application, engine bay fit up and engine and gearbox installation.

Comment

Transported the car from garage to home.

Majority of the fitting up is done.

Reserved for the prop shaft.

I need to box up (reinforced) the cross member then it will be painted.

On the ground and ready for transport.

In transit.

Delivered

Comment

thats sweet!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          thats sweet!!
          Thanks.

Comment

More updates.

Installation of the Evo ecu setup and Toyota coil on plug setup from BP Performance Specialty https://www.facebook.com/BPperformance1.8/.

Additional items required before startup.

Omni map sensor
            Tach adapter
            Get the injectors flow tested and clean before installation.
            Modify the dizzy to CAS setup.

Comment

Installation of coilovers and application of undercoating to the wheel arches.

Front pair.

Clean and ready for undercoating.

Comment

you'll love the ecu setup, heaps better than the OEM stuff.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

you'll love the ecu setup, heaps better than the OEM stuff.
                  Definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

Small update. Slow progress

Been waiting on some bits and pieces to finish up the evo ecu setup. Evo map senor with adapter & the BP Performance/KAInjection CAS/Distributor cap for the coil on plug setup.

The plan was to run the evo 8 560cc injectors and evo 8 tdo5 16g turbo as my daily setup, but then I saw some low mileage parts from another build that was being parted out and I offloaded some of the parts that I had to grab these deals. I traded up from the set of evo 8 560cc injectors to some Deatschwerks 800cc injectors. The custom loom injector connectors are set up for bosch injectors and the 800cc injectors are Denso style, so I'm getting the Bosch to Denso adapters.

Shifter cable needs to be replaced as both set of shifter cables are 3" short (Levin cables) so I can't install the shifter surround because the shifter need to move 3" backward. I need a shifter cable from a ST205 Celica, GTT Caldina or Camry.

Project post is more fun when pics are involved. Here are some pics of my current mock up setup.

BP Performance/KAInjection CAS/Distributor cap

Omni map sensor & adapter

Gearbox cooler

Last edited by mazkam; 08-24-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Over the weekend I got the Bosch to Denso injector adapters. I installed them on the GTR 440cc injectors and fitted up the map sensor. Didn't install the Deatschwerks injectors though, as I'm gonna attempt the start up with the GTR injectors first when ready.

With the exception of the tach adapter (not required for start up), that pretty much covers most of the outstanding bits & pieces required to complete the evo ecu setup.

Just have some general fitting up remaining before I can turn my attention to attempting the first start up.

Comment

you'll love the evo ecu, much much smoother than the original OEM stuff. with exception to occasional hard starts in real cold climates

Comment

you'll love the evo ecu, much much smoother than the original OEM stuff. with exception to occasional hard starts in real cold climates
                          I've experience that scenario before and it was annoying. When I first acquired my car the ecu setup was bpt ecu, gtr injectors and 3sgte afm. Car would take up to 4 minutes of attempting to start before firing up. I got swapped the 3sgte afm and installed a rx7 B code afm and it was one crank and started up easily. Just hope it doesn't take that long to start up with the evo ecu setup.

Comment

[refuse]I cleared out the trunk of my car only to find that the section for the spare wheel (mostly) was full of rust. This was cause from being parked in the open element for around 10 months with rainy weather during that time frame. It had some rusty areas before being parked, but it wasn't as bad as the current state. I had to address the issue before the thought of packing up the trunk entered my mind.

Cleaning of rusty trunk area.

What greeted I after clearing out the trunk.

After removing the loose rust.

Products used - Metal cleaner and epoxy primer.

After cleaning the rusty areas with the metal cleaner.

Epoxy primer applied.

Comment

So while I'm waiting on acquisition of some additional parts to finish up the conversion, I've shifted my attention from the mechanical side of the build to address some other areas of the car which is mainly the rusty sections caused from section of the car leaking. I dealt with the right side of the driver and passenger flooring some months ago and recently the trunk. I've turn my attention to the cause of the flooring leak. The leak is caused by a section of the overlapping metal of the firewall separating from each other when I press the clutch pedal.

Whenever I drive in the rain and press the clutch pedal water start running on my foot... like when a pipe is turn on slightly and starts to run. It also drips from that spot when the clutch pedal isn't being used, getting the car washed or parked in the rain. I'll have to remove the dashboard, spot weld the area then apply seam sealer to resolve that problem.

Comment

ugh, yuck. i went through windshield cowl water issues with my p5. sealing that up is a real PITA. have patience when you do the repair.... you'll surely need it

Comment

Working...
                                X