4WD BJ Familia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    ugh, yuck. i went through windshield cowl water issues with my p5. sealing that up is a real PITA. have patience when you do the repair.... you'll surely need it
    It's a time consuming process that needs proper attention to resolve properly, so patience is a must with this as I don't want to deal with this issue again. I going to do it the correct way on the first attempt and be done with it.

Comment

A little updates as to what's been happening.

Had these in storage so I decided to install them as I got rid of a few car part boxes.

Got a few service parts for the engine and gearbox. Gear oil, seals, engine oil, oil filter and oil bung crush washers which took me on a lil adventure to locate.

Control arm replace. Old control arms will be getting some polyurethane control arm bushings installed at a later date.

Got some needed parts to assemble the axle from CV Joint Depo.

Axle buck at this point. No inward movement whatsoever.

I assembled the axle and install in an attempt to do a start up over the Christmas holiday. Turned out that the axle is longer than required so I'll have to look more into that because there is no play in the axle, the spindle can't bolt up to the strut.

Comment

Painted the cam cover and intake manifold wrinkle black and do a mock up fit of a 4G63 top mount manifold to see what's the required mod to make it fit.

Then.

The process.

First coat

Second coat

Third coat.

Wrinkle look start to appear.

Different patient, same treatment.

Prep and ready.

Now.

Top mount mock up.

Not bad for my first real attempt working with wrinkle paint. Definitely not as forgiving like using the normal tin spray paint.

Comment

very cool build.. wrinkle paint is always fun to work with.. it's looking good with the polished letters. keep it up!

Comment

what the story with the axle fitment??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FinoBuilt View Post
              very cool build.. wrinkle paint is always fun to work with.. it's looking good with the polished letters. keep it up!
              Thanks. It's a cool build and and learning process at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                what the story with the axle fitment??
                Still doing some research on the best route to go.

Custom axles located in the UK for $400 + shipping.

ST185 axles are shorter than the ST205 by about 30mm and would fit without doing and modification.

Shortening of current ST205 axle by 30mm required to fit.

Get another axle and get it re spline.

These are some of info I've seen to resolve my axle woes.

Comment

Turbo, manifold & radiator mock up.

During the process of fitting up the car to do a start up on the evo ecu setup during the Christmas holidays the build changed direction. The build went from lower mount turbo setup to a top mount setup like the flick of the switch. Opportunity presented itself and I seize the moment. #bpperformance #lastanleyracing #360weld #4wdfun #wtf323 #themazdafamily #teachdem

Last edited by mazkam; 02-04-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

very nice!
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Update.

Greeting CP members. I'm still around with my build. It was on a huge break due to another vehicle acquisition plus my hard task of locating the correct axle. I eventually acquired the ST185 GT4 front axle and was what really sparked back my interest to resume the project. Long story short, I'm now at the stage of doing a start up.

I created a ig page to show what I've done since acquisition and what I've done since my last post here. You can get up to speed on my ig page wtf323_4wd.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X