X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camshaft

Hello,

woudlike know it camshaft from 1,6 B6 from miata will fit 1,6 3e gen ZM-DE

because The 'Z' engines are a new family which is an evoltion of the 'B' engine

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

If not I looking for compagnie i can grind some camshaft for the ZM-DE

thank

seb

Hello,

i know the head of the ZM-DE are differante than the B6 head but the botton the engine are the nearly the same. the head are differant but can be the cam are the same.

I do research about if cam of B6 fit in ZM-DE and dosen't find any tink

about compagnie can grind cam for the ZM-DE i don't have any idea.

sebastien

Comment

where exactly do you think the cams are ?? The Bottom end ?? Only known off the shelf cams are the ZL-VE cams from the J-spec 1.5L

Comment

there ya go sebastion.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hello,

about camshaft i know it is in the head of engine. But the ZM-DE it evolution of the B6 it is why I ask if it is posible to put B6 cam in a ZM-DE.

for cam for the ZL-VE I have read the tread in past look like no body know if will work because the angine s-vt with variable timing.

About for compagnie can regrind the cam for make more agressif do you know any good compagnie?

seb

Comment

the ZL-VE cams will fit...I know this for a fact... ..if you want a regrind, talk to crower cams

Comment

Are schools even allowed to teach evolution??
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Are schools even allowed to teach evolution??
                "This textbook contains material on evolution. Evolution is a theory, not a fact, regarding the origin of living things. This material should be approached with an open mind, studied carefully, and critically considered."
                LOL, the most hilarious thing ever. Shows you what kind of ignorant hicks live in Georgia. I can't believe people can think anything OTHER than evolution actually happened. Next they'll tell us that they Pathagoreon theorem is 'just a theory and not actual fact.' LOL. The word theory is the most misunderstood word in the world. It doesn't mean a 'guess' when used in science.....

theory: 1 the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
                2 a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                  LOL, the most hilarious thing ever. Shows you what kind of ignorant hicks live in Georgia. I can't believe people can think anything OTHER than evolution actually happened. Next they'll tell us that they Pathagoreon theorem is 'just a theory and not actual fact.' LOL. The word theory is the most misunderstood word in the world. It doesn't mean a 'guess' when used in science.....

theory: 1 the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
                  2 a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

< derail >

Hey now, I take offense to that stereotype of people from Georgia.

That was chair of the Georgia Board of Education, Cathy Cox (who was actually my 10th grade world history teacher...), proposing a sticker to be put on all science books that had mention of evolution. Everyone in the state congress thought it was stupid and it was voted down almost unanimously. That's a case of one idiot making an entire state look bad.

< /derail >

Comment

I know it's stupid to make generalizations about an entire state, and I know the stickers have since been removed(or challenged, I forget). But there's a wave of fundamentalism going on in America that's only going to be it's own downfall. Everything about the advancement of science and technology which the US has been leading for 100 years is going to be threatened by right winged religious extremists. It's only the beginning now, but more and more Americans are going down that religous path......

Comment

I'm almost sure that per example B6 pistons will fit the ZM block and just have to check the piston to head clearance.

Comment

Hello,sir,

I prettyr sur the B6 piston fit because the 2 engine have same bore and stroke.

toda raccing do 11:1 piston for miata.

B6:

Bore:78 Stroke:83.6

ZM:

Bore:78 Stroke:83.6

Seb

Comment

Working...
                        X