Corksport Power Series Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corksport Power Series Exhaust

I was going to be ordering this soon however, I was wondering if this would be a worthy purchase or not. It eliminates the second cat and I thought that would cause backpressure unless you have a turbo. I have a 03 pro wit an injen replica intake thats it for power.

also sidenote question, anyone know how much it would be to get springs put on by a shop? I bought springs from another person on this site but need to get them put on. Friend will do it however I have no place to do it at. My apartment complex doesn't allow people to be working on their cars in any way.
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

That ~250 miles from me. If willing to drive I could help you.
    I have heard spring installs for $100? Call around I suppose to all the shops and ask. I went thru this and most of the big shops wouldnt touch it. Ended up doing it myself in my brothers shop at his house. Then finding a place to get an alignment was no fun either.

No idea about the exhaust. sorry.
    Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 02-16-2005, 06:13 AM.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Ya I'm going to be calling around at some shops here and see. It just sucks caz my friend can put them on its just dont have the place but if i cant find anytihng I will definitely keep that in mind thanks man for the offer
      2003 Mazda Protege LX
      Laser Blue
      Old Car
      1998 Kia Sephia LS
      Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

i did my springs myself and it was a lot of fun. took about 2 hours and i guess it was easyier for me becuase i work at a shop
        sigpic
        1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
        1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
        2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

ok i know this is off the topic of this thread but would you guys think A AEM/injen replica CAI be worth it? cuz i know the real ones can produce a "sonic charger" effect because of the way the sound resonates though the intake.

Comment

i have an injen replica intake, cant really tell the difference between those that have the real one an mine besides the injen badge
            2003 Mazda Protege LX
            Laser Blue
            Old Car
            1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

so does anyone know about the exhaust?
              2003 Mazda Protege LX
              Laser Blue
              Old Car
              1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

There is no such thing as not enough back pressure, the lower the back pressure the more power the car will make.

The reson cars lose power with new exhausts is becuase the pipe is too big and it decreses the exhaust velocity. That is bad. Removing thte cat will increse the exhaust velocity so that you will always gain power.

Comment

You NEED some backpressure, otherwise your gonna burn your valves to ****
                  Joe H
                  2000 Chevy Impala
                  3400 3.4 Liter V6
                  Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                  U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                  Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

wouldnt moving spent heat energy away from the valves help cool them better though?

Comment

so this corksport exhaust would be a good buy then?

and does anyone know where i can find the OBX/Forza Header at????????
                      2003 Mazda Protege LX
                      Laser Blue
                      Old Car
                      1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

I've got it installed on my 2003 ES, and my only other engine mod is the AEM SRI. Quite a noticable increase in power, especially at mid to high end RPMs. Only complaint is the slight exhaust rattle i get (need to order Kartboy hangers) and the finicking with the hanger brackets on the rearmost part to get it off my rear skirt. I hear its a 10 whp gain for n/a cars, and 13 whp on turbo'd ones.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
                        www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

was this easy to install and how long did it take to get to you after you ordered it? im jus leary on ordering things online
                          2003 Mazda Protege LX
                          Laser Blue
                          Old Car
                          1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

The install itself took about 2 1/2-3 hours. Only problem i had was they forgot to send me new bolts for the manifold studs, since the stock ones were too short to fit. I ordered mine before Christmas and they didnt have any available, but were quick to tell me when they would have them again. Once the production run was finished it was to my house (MI) in about 5 days. The pieces themselves are very high quality, welds are good, and the install was quite simple.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
                            www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

thanks a lot i cant wait to order mine
                              2003 Mazda Protege LX
                              Laser Blue
                              Old Car
                              1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Working...
                              X