• Show
Clear All

zl-ve cam shaft

Hello,

I search for dyno result for the zl-ve cam shaft on zm-de

If you have dyno sheet can you post it

thank

seb

i am not aware that anyone has done this, corksport said there were but they never reply about it when i email them..

Comment

Anyone ever swaped in the FS-ZE into a 3rd gen? I havent found any so im wondering if thats a good plan.

Comment

1 person did according to corksport, but he kept quiet on how he got the svt to function properly..

lets just sum it up for you and this will change your mind

1299 engine
        1800 haltech standalone system to run engine and svt
        2099 = 130 - 140 hp, when hiboost kit for only 1400 more will give you 250whp

Comment

The FAQ said it was a 1999cc and had 170ish n/a, plus wouldnt it use the same FS manual trans?

Comment

get the engine codes right, the zl-ve is a 1.5l with svt , it bolts up inplace of the 1.6L ENGINE not the 2.0l ENGINE.. the 2.0 jdm is the fs-ze, usdm is fs-de.. read the entire faq on engine info..

Comment

yeah i know I was talking about the 2.0L the whole time. I was just wondering if anyone has done that swap...

Comment

yes people have , but have also seen very little power gain because they still used the usdm ecu..

Comment

ah ic. thanks.

Comment

Ok now that you two are done talking.

People have swaped in the zl-ve cam shafts but no one has ever dynoed or has any idea of the power there now making. Macdaddyslomo for instance, has done the swap, but I have yet to see any dyno graphs.

Comment

what does the butt dyno say about them...

Comment

Yeah, MacDaddy told me he did the swap of the cams too. He told me he got his cams from Corksport.com. After searching through the website, I happened to find the cams (at least I think I did?). I e-mailed the people at Corksport about getting some imported and ready to sell, but the guy e-mailed me back and said they were still doing R-&-D on them. That was many many months ago though. Im not sure if anything has changed yet. Maybe someone should e-mail them again and ask.

Comment

i am tired of emailing corksport, they never give me a straight answer

Comment

I finally got hold of Derrick @ Corksport about the ZL-VE cams and he gave me some good news:

He's going to sell them to me for 300.00 shipped. Im going to be a guinea pig and then relay results to him when I get them. Once they come in, Im going to test em with my stock cam gears and then with the SR Motorsports ones when I purchase them.

Comment

hey TheMan you still have the zl-ve cam specs? I remember them being on the faq for a time now there gone.
                              Would you mind putting them back up or posting them here or someting. Im really interested in this swap, now.

Comment

Working...
                              X