Help With Msp Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Msp Engine Swap

I have one of the 2003.5 msp and i want to build up the motor, but i know from others that the msp motor is not one to build up, so if anyone knows of a motor swap that i can do that i can build up the motor to let me know, and then if anyone wants, i will be selling my msp turbo motor with only about 38 thousand miles on it, and that would fit into the newer protege's or the mp3, and maybe some others, i'm not sure. Thanks, Brian

hey man. I was thinking the 1.8T4cyl bpt or the 1.8T4cyl bpt from the gtr(if you can find one) was a good motor to build. they already come with plenty of power and they are already turbo so you know they can hold descent amounts of boost. That's what I'm wanting to do. but if you could offer your msp engine at a reasonable price. i'll buy it. otherwise. i'm going with the 1.8t. that's just my opinion.

brad
    2003 Protege5
    sunlight silver
    Autoexefront lip
    cold air intake

1993 Ford Probe GT
    Cat back exhaust

Comment

I have a gtx in my 90 pro and it has plenty of power. But just to let you know, the effort that it would take to convert an obdII car to no obd would be.. well project323 did it in a second gen and it was a pain in the ass. Plus emissions... I would stay in your era.
      Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

The 1.6l zm-de is great for boost, and readily avaible. Throw a highboost kit on it and enjoy. You will need new motor mounts but the tranny should bolt up fine, so it should be an easy swap. A 1.8l fd would be an evan easier swap but its basicly the same as the fs, shorter stroke so it will hold boost beter.

And its new technology unlike the gtr, bp or even the FS.

Comment

Buy my zm-de!
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

How Much Power Do U Want? When I Get Back From Iraq Ill Be Getting The Mental Addiction Forged Block And Thumper Turbo Kit With A Gt35r Turbocharger. That With The Aem Ems Would Be Good To The 600's In Hp. I My Opinion You Should Work With What You Have An Dif You Dont Want To Then Go Full Engine And Drive Train Swap And Get A 2jz With A T70 Turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by fastspeedproteg
              I have one of the 2003.5 msp and i want to build up the motor, but i know from others that the msp motor is not one to build up, so if anyone knows of a motor swap that i can do that i can build up the motor to let me know, and then if anyone wants, i will be selling my msp turbo motor with only about 38 thousand miles on it, and that would fit into the newer protege's or the mp3, and maybe some others, i'm not sure. Thanks, Brian
              JUst get stronger rods and don't cheap out on tuning it properly
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

How Much Power Do U Want? When I Get Back From Iraq Ill Be Getting The Mental Addiction Forged Block And Thumper Turbo Kit With A Gt35r Turbocharger. That With The Aem Ems Would Be Good To The 600's In Hp. I My Opinion You Should Work With What You Have An Dif You Dont Want To Then Go Full Engine And Drive Train Swap And Get A 2jz With A T70 Turbo!
                ooook fsde protege = Front Wheel Drive
                2JZ supra = Rear Wheel Drive
                also i'm guessing what your saying is 600hp is what the turbo and ems are capable of not what your going to have
                peace
                dante

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

Lol
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                  X