New clutch break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New clutch break in

My mom`s BJ 1.6 is going on clutch job on monday... is there anything special to worry about? Should i drive it really slow in the begining (like when engine is new) or what?

Tnx a lot!
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

I put in a new clutch on my car and was stupid enough to not break it in and now after 20,000 miles, I need a new one. so yeah, you need to break it in, like no dumping the clutch or racing around.

Comment

Break-In

For the first 500 miles (according to Centerforce) do not race the vehicle.
      Try to drive very conservative even if you are tempted to rev it within the 500 miles.

Recommended:

Resurface flywheel
      Verify slave cylinder is good, etc.

Change Pilot bearing and other components on the way. It would suck to open up that tranny casing for a stupid bearing.

Comment

Too late guys... too late...

j/k... i didnt race it... a lot...
        but now its already broken in
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you discover go zoom-zoom
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Working...
        X