Weekend Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Project

Well, here is the before and after pics of what I spent my Saturday afternoon doing...

I have mixed reviews of this header installation. I lost my deep throaty roar that I'd get every time I'd take off from a stoplight. Now it is a more metallic slightly higher pitched noise with a lot more drone above 4500 RPM or so. As far as power differences, I feel as though I may have lost a little bottom end but above 4500-5000 RPM I might have a little tiny bit more pull. I actually expected to get more out of this upgrade, but oh well... I think it looks badass.
    Attached Files
    2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Exhaust question ?

Hey dude...

Did you upgrade (wait that word means a lot), instead did the muffler shop worked on the exhaust diameter?

If not, thats why you dont "feel" a lot of improvement from your butt test.

Try to go a little bigger to minimize back pressure. Also on my car, I started with the header and changes in sound were kinda like yours, but once the exhaust system was increased in diameter the deep throaty sound came back and top end power was more evident with the highly questioned butt test from this forum.

Comment

Working...
    X