maintenance & upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maintenance & upgrades

I'm getting ready to do my 30K mile service (not at the dealer, of course) and wanted to know if anyone could suggest some good upgrades while I'm doing the normal stuff. I'm already synthetic on oil and will probably go synthetic on transmission fluid. I'm wondering if different plugs or wires will make a difference. I already have a K&N Typhoon CAI and Bosal catback. Anything else?
    Thanks,
    Wolfling
    03 VY P5

Different plugs or wires will make no difference. Do you rotate your tires regularly? Make sure you keep up on that and your tire pressure, check all your hoses and conections, &tc and you'll be good to go.
    '03 Sunlight Silver ES/5sp
    THUNDER 4-1 RACING HEADER
    Racing Beat Exhaust, SPD Racing SRI
    Eibach Pro-kit, MP3 ECU, MP3 Foot Pedals
    Powdercoated stockers wrapped in Yoko AVS ES100s
    Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Thanks. Saves me a few buck$. Was going to look into split-fire or iridium plugs; I also remember something on one of these forums about some sort of JDM plug that was a little deeper or something...

Tires do get rotated regularly- after i screwed up two of them driving a few hundred miles on low pressure and ended replacing all 4. I learn the hard way. Trying to be a little proactive now!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfling8
        Thanks. Saves me a few buck$. Was going to look into split-fire or iridium plugs; I also remember something on one of these forums about some sort of JDM plug that was a little deeper or something...
        Welcome to the Forum!

Since you should change your plugs at 30,000 miles, consider a replacement with extended reach types. You can find the relevant information at:

In any case, stick with NGK copper plugs. You can't really do better with the more expensive types.

Happy Motoring!
        Last edited by goldstar; 08-24-2005, 12:07 AM.
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Yeah, what he said^^. I'm running the long-reach NGKs as well. Powerband seemed smoother but I also added the MP3 ECU shortly afterward in conjuntion with the plugs. Just don't expect any kind of gain with different plugs, that's all...
          '03 Sunlight Silver ES/5sp
          THUNDER 4-1 RACING HEADER
          Racing Beat Exhaust, SPD Racing SRI
          Eibach Pro-kit, MP3 ECU, MP3 Foot Pedals
          Powdercoated stockers wrapped in Yoko AVS ES100s
          Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Working...
          X