Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 LX Stalling on cold start

Hey guys.

I've got a 99 LX automatic trans with about 88k on it. Just recently (a month or so ago) I had a CEL that ended up with me needing an induction service to clean things out, at the time I also had a tune up with plugs and such.

The last two weeks as it has gotten colder overnight, when I start the car it stalls out immediately because the idle is way too low. After nursing the gas pedal for about a minute or two it will hold the idle on its own but it's still weak at no more than 5-600. After a few minutes of driving, the idle gets strong and it's solid at just over 750.

The car is responsive, it doesn't seem to be hesitating and runs seemingly fine. It's just having a real problem in the cool morning. The colder, the worse it is. Once winter hits I'm screwed.

I had it in over the weekend with my local guys and they couldn't find anything other than a loose hose.

I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Update

FYI Fixed.

A tear in the air intake boot was the problem. The tear was after the sensor so it was getting an air mix that wasn't expected and couldn't compensate.

It was in the ribbed area so it was hard to notice. Once the material heated up a little it relaxed its flex and the tear plugged up a little letting the engine get the air mix it was expecting. Had a cold morning today and it started the way it was supposed to.

Comment

Working...
    X