Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Have Opinions on this Clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anyone Have Opinions on this Clutch?

The clutch in my P5 is beginning to slip at high engine loads, say 4th gear @ 4,000 rpm with significant throttle. Unfortunately the car only has 65,000 km on it. My girlfriend and I don't abuse or ride the clutch, so I think that the previous owner didn't know what he was doing.

I'm looking at getting this exedy clutch:

Does anyone have any opinions on it? My car isn't modded so I don't need anything special, I just want a durable alternative to the OEM clutch.

Thanks.

I've not heard of anyone to have one of these from ebay. I'm not sure if Centerforce makes one for a Mazda but i have one of the CRX and its great. Check around first and see before you pick this one.
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Usually Exedy makes some pretty good products, but $100 for everything including the pressure plate seems a bit low.

If your car is stock you may as well just toss another OEM clutch in there. My car has a little over 60k miles and about 20k of those were boosted. My clutch still feels new.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've heard that this Exedy clutch is the same as the OEM clutch. I've seen it priced at this level else-where.

Would I gain much longevity by installing an ACT or other Stage 1 clutch? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 200-300 price difference.

Comment

I liked the ACT clutch I had on my last Protege. I've heard good things about Spec clutches for the Protege as well.

Comment

I like the ACT as well couple of buddies of mine have them in theirs and its nice not to sticky or hard to shift like some. Good Luck
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

The Exedy is a good OEM replacement. I don't think anyone has had a problem with them.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I'm thinking of supporting a local company. Bully Clutch. Specifically, their stage 1 clutch. Does anyone have an opinion on this company?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X