NGK Spark Plug Wire Set Now Available for BJ 2.0L Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGK Spark Plug Wire Set Now Available for BJ 2.0L Engine

NGK Premium Wire sets are now available for the 2.0L engine. They will fit all 2.0L engines including the MSP from 2001-2003. The Stock No. is 5659 and the part No. is ZE76. The price is US $29.95 and they are available at:

According to NGK, the Premium Wire sets are constructed with a ferrite magnetic core that has only 1/2 the resistance of traditional carbon core wires, yet has the same RFI suppression capabilities. In addition, while traditional carbon core wires have a tendency to increase their resistance with age, NGK's wire wound ferrite magnetic cables remain virtually unchanged. Consequently, more electrical energy is transmitted to the spark plug electrodes as well as insuring a longer life for the wires. The silicone outer jacket is both oil and high temperature resistant (to 250 deg C or 482 deg F).

These wire sets seem to be worthy of consideration as having superior construction and longevity with respect to OEM and as an economical alternative to Magnecor.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Thanks for the info
    Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Those look nice. And are cheap. Wires on my fOCUS helped the idle. I wonder if these will for the P5?
      Check out my website. I love my cars!!!!
      WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/MATTSSTANG87
      PR5 mods: Custom/Vibrant exhaust, OBX header, WELLSpeed midpipe, WELLSpeed CAI, R-R Racing UDP, MP3 ECU, KartBoy shifter bushings, shortened shifter with a billet Mustang knob, Redline fluid, stainless clutch line, Progress springs, Progress 22mm rear swaybar, Polished PR5 wheels with Kumho Ecsta 712 205/50/ZR16, Dave B rings, J-Spec intake cam, Mazdaspeed exhaust cam, removed VTCS and ported intake, throttle body coolant bypass mod., Tokico HP Struts, Megan Racing rear strut tower bar.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsstang87
        Those look nice. And are cheap. Wires on my fOCUS helped the idle. I wonder if these will for the P5?
        The NGK wires will improve performance but only if the OEM wires are starting to deteriorate. This generally happens over time with the stock wires due to their carbon core construction. Thus, periodic replacement is probably a good idea and the NGK wires should last longer than stock as a result of their ferrite magnetic core design.

I think most Forum members agree that if the OEM wires are in good shape, there is no PERFORMANCE advantage in switching to an upgraded type unless extensive mods have been carried out.

Although the internal constuction of NGK's wires results in lower resistance enabling a hotter, more intense arc across the plug electrodes, anything more than that which is necessary to insure reliable ignition of the fuel-air charge is overkill.

Also, as you say, they make a nice appearance upgrade and the price is right.

Happy Motoring!
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
        X