Really Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Need Help!

ok so i was driving home from work, out of no where my CEL came on, an the rpms dropped then came back up to normal, then while driving it would jerk real hard when it shifted. but only goin into 3rd. but then the car would want to die and idle really rough. almost got her home, an then it just dies. so i tried an luckily it started but running really really rough an almost wanted to die again. so anyhow after letting it sit i checked my oil all is well. but i noticed on my intake( i have an injen type cai) the MAF sensor has two holes under where the wires plug into the sensor. I cant remember if theres suppose to be things in there or not id guess yes but i cant remember. it looks like there was as the holes have threads for screws. someone please help me out!
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Originally posted by TheJackyl
    ok so i was driving home from work, out of no where my CEL came on, an the rpms dropped then came back up to normal, then while driving it would jerk real hard when it shifted. but only goin into 3rd. but then the car would want to die and idle really rough. almost got her home, an then it just dies. so i tried an luckily it started but running really really rough an almost wanted to die again. so anyhow after letting it sit i checked my oil all is well. but i noticed on my intake( i have an injen type cai) the MAF sensor has two holes under where the wires plug into the sensor. I cant remember if theres suppose to be things in there or not id guess yes but i cant remember. it looks like there was as the holes have threads for screws. someone please help me out!

by the way i have a 2003 2.0 liter auto
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Those two threaded holes are the mounting holes designed to be bolted to the support bracket that is attached to the stock air box. That support bracket supports both the MAF sensor and the flexible intake pipe that connects the MAF to the throttle body. Those two holes have only a support function (important) and have nothing to do with the operation of the MAF.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

could you post a picture so i could see? to make sure were talking about the same thing im pretty sure we are and you are right i just dont really remember it being like that after i put my intake on caz its been on for awhile. i just have no idea why it would just start running rough out of nowhere

any ideas?
        2003 Mazda Protege LX
        Laser Blue
        Old Car
        1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Since your MIL (CEL) activated, the best way to proceed is to have the code read so that the source of the problem can be pinpointed. Anything else would be guesswork on my part. My only other suggestions would be to check that your vacuum hoses and MAF and IAT sensor wires are connected properly, and that your MAF sensor is not oil-fouled from excess oil on your oiled-cotton air filter. Also, I assume your CAI is supported at some point by an integral bracket, as otherwise, vibration over time can cause the MAF sensor to malfunction.

This is the best I can do at this point. Perhaps another Forum member has some better suggestions.

Happy Motoring!
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

thank you very much for your input! Its really appreciated, ima take it over to autozone to have the code read and see what it is. thanks again ill let you know what i find out.
            2003 Mazda Protege LX
            Laser Blue
            Old Car
            1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

No problem and good luck with the outcome. I'd be interested in hearing the nature of the problem.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Working...
              X