muffler/exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffler/exhaust

what's the best muffler/exhaust system for a 2000 Mazda Protege lx, but is decently priced. im still in high school is why i ask. i hear some good things about corksport but id like to hear some other opinions.

I'd like to know this as well. Is there any way of modifying say a honda cat back system to fit our Proteges? Looking at the 2000 civic Si, it should be very close...

Comment

nope... if youre going to go so far as that its just as well to buy the muffler you want and than a hi-flow cat and have a local muffler shop build you a system. as for a cat-back; corksports is nice and very cheap, also magnaflow makes a system as well as bosal. there are a few more companies that make them but those are the 3 most popular.

-curtis

p.s: a cat back for any 99-03 sedan will work, but not the p5. its too short.
      What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

if you like a deep tone sounding exhaust silverline is really good it doesnt sound annoying like most of the cheap exhaust they put on hondas and a whole system costs around 200-300 and itss really cool it sounds way nive it sounds like a sti

Comment

Changing the full exhaust wont do much as we already have 2 1/4 in piping. Were not hondas with pea shooter exhausts. Just go buy a mazdaspeed sport exhaust from the dealer (or ebay/whatever) its made by bosal and gives an amazing sound.

Other then that the only exhaust I can recomend is the racing beat catback (sounds similar but more subdued).

The corksport IMO sounds terrible too raspy. Dont buy a fart can. If you want a custom set up magnaflows sound pretty good.

Comment

Sounds like mazdaspeed sport is the way to go. Are those system stainless s.?

Comment

I have no idea. Ive had it for years now. I always thought it was chrome, turns out it is stainless steel.

You can buy it off mazdastuff.com

Comment

hey morgdog, where can you buy that silverline exhaust?
                What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

IMO a exhaust is not worth the money on our cars unless you want a more agressive exhaust note. A header is the best bang for the buck. It dropped my 1/4 miles times from a 16.6 @81 to a 16.1@83

Comment

Working...
                  X