Cold air intake help?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold air intake help?!?!

I have been looking high and low for a cold air intake that will fit in my 2003 protege lx (automatic) perfectly. The one I decided to research more is a K&N Typhoon 69-6020TR. when it storms i can convert it into a short ram but it seems like too much work (I live in houston where it rains a lot and potholes are everywhere) I would rather an AEM Cold air intake because of the diverter valve accessory. I thought of simply ordering the K&N and putting the AEM valve on it but I am wondering if anyone else tried this sucessfully? And also your opinions on the best Cold air intake for a protege.
    Thanks

Just do an sri it nets more power and is more responsive.
    If your set on a cai I ran one all year with no problems. Its very difficult to hydrolock an NA engine. Unless you drive through a river, with the hammer down.

Comment

here's my intake... don't pay attention to the rest of the crappy engine. very noticable gain. awesome sound. looks good. easy to put on. took me all 5 mins. it's the Simota 1.6l SRI get it from Protephile over at msprotege.com

Last edited by Leijae; 05-19-2006, 03:30 PM.
      LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
      Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
      WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
      Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
      REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
      Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
      Paypal Verified

Comment

Nice intake seems very high quality (although a bit small) any cel? Diameter? Hessitation?

heres mine

Comment

no hesitation. no cel. 2.5 in diameter
          LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
          Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
          Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
          Paypal Verified

Comment

Thanks

thanks ya'll
            I decided to go for the sri. It's a little simpler to install and maintain and a few bucks cheaper
            so far this is the best deal I have come up with
            http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A1960995.aspx
            But i keep looking back at this 1
            http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=69-6020TS

by the way,what is the average hp gain with a sri?
            i can't find any dyno charts on a sri anywhere!
            thanks again

Comment

you need to get a hold of protephile over at msprotege.com he sells the Simota SRI. he may have a couple left over. talk to him about buying it. my intake was $65 shipped and i got a hell of a gain.
              LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
              Paypal Verified

Comment

Has anyone tried the Injen cai?
                '99 ES MP3 suspension & exhaust, FS-ZE cams, Injen CAI, and a few more mods I won't admit at tech.-Gone to a good home.
                '07 3 S Sport

"Never let your ego outrun your contact patches."

Comment

Injen who?
                  LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                  Paypal Verified

Comment

Intake manufacturing firm. I know they exist because I just installed their kit. Works well, especially after 5,000 rpm. Looks nice, not to hard to install, and has the absolute best instructions that I have ever seen, anywhere. I got it off of Protege5.com.
                    '99 ES MP3 suspension & exhaust, FS-ZE cams, Injen CAI, and a few more mods I won't admit at tech.-Gone to a good home.
                    '07 3 S Sport

Comment

injen who?
                      LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                      Paypal Verified

Comment

haha

Comment

Sorry. I was a little slow on that one.
                          '07 3 S Sport

Comment

Working...
                          X