No announcement yet.

Magnaflow Catbacks - yes or no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't add an aftermarket tach. I left the stock one in the dash. I've never really checked how much faster the tach went from idle RPM to whenever i shift to. I'll have to find somebody who owns a stock protege and drive thers to see how fast theirs is and comapre it to mine.
    magnaflow muffler, altezza tail lights, Tein coilovers, K&N airfilter, sparcko wires, arospeed strut tower bar...more to come. I need to learn to spell

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaholic
      I didn't add an aftermarket tach. I left the stock one in the dash. I've never really checked how much faster the tach went from idle RPM to whenever i shift to. I'll have to find somebody who owns a stock protege and drive thers to see how fast theirs is and comapre it to mine.
      Ok then good. You wouldn't need an aftermarket tach if you have a stock one. I just wasn't exactly sure you were running a manual tranny. Anyways since you have a tach pay attention to it whenever you do an engine mod. Ya can't rely on a butt dyno for results.
      " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
      Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
      Painted calipers
      Injen CAI
      Custom exhaust
      Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

unfortunately it will have to wait till i remove the winter rubber. (heavy steelies+winter tires=slow).

BTW cubs81, if you are still reading this thread, buy a full cat back system, either magnaflow or other.
        magnaflow muffler, altezza tail lights, Tein coilovers, K&N airfilter, sparcko wires, arospeed strut tower bar...more to come. I need to learn to spell

Comment

i just bought the magnaflow catback. should be here in a couple weeks.
          2001 Protege LX
          Appearence: 17" Gunmetal Exel Radius, EL Protege door sills, Painted emblems, CF radio surround, changed interior lights to blue LED's.
          Performance: Black injen CAI, 2.25" Magnaflow catback
          Other: 1st's grounding kit, Kartboy Exhaust hangers

Free Desktop PC complete an offer and i'll complete one of yours or give ya $5. pm me if you do.

Comment

Working...
          X