No announcement yet.

My opinion about (MS Sport Exhaust)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that could be very possible. I have the Racing Beat exhaust and it does hang a little low. Nothing too noticeable though.

Comment

Here is the MazdaSpeed PR5 Exhaust installed on my car.

Sounds like a hanger got bent or something... Should be an easy fix?
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Nice pics DeanSweet and Maxx Mazda, the exhaust looks sweet. How much is it at the dealer? I've been looking into getting one for myself for some time now.
        2002 Blackmica P5
        CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

And is it loud at higway speed?
          2002 Blackmica P5
          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

MSRP on the muffler is $220 but every dealer sells them at different prices.

Comment

Is that the 'axle back' exhaust?
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by jblon78
                Are you sure you got the ms exhaust and not the ms racing beat exhaust? There are 2 different exhausts for the sedan. The racing beat exhaust should have more of an oval tip and would hang somewhat low due to the fact it is made for the ms protege which has the lower valance on the rear. I work for a mazda dealer and we have installed a couple of the round tipped ms mufflers on protege sedans and they fit nice and tight to the bumper.
                yep, I'm positive its the MS Exhaust, it has the round tip and even says 'MazdaSpeed' on it.

MSRP on the muffler is $220 but every dealer sells them at different prices.
                Yea...got mine for $214

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                Is that the 'axle back' exhaust?
                Yea, its the 'axle back'.....If you look at DeanSweet's 2nd picture you can tell...
                '03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES
                -Window Tint
                -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

Are you sure you got the ms exhaust and not the ms racing beat exhaust? There are 2 different exhausts for the sedan. The racing beat exhaust should have more of an oval tip and would hang somewhat low due to the fact it is made for the ms protege which has the lower valance on the rear. I work for a mazda dealer and we have installed a couple of the round tipped ms mufflers on protege sedans and they fit nice and tight to the bumper.
                  Yeah, Mazda Sport Exhaust is a little generic. I have the Mazdaspeed exhaust. NOT the Mazdaspeed Protege exhaust (made by racing beat.) Hope that makes sense...

Nick Holinski
                  2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

Thanks for the pics 'DeanSweet' , looks pretty nice, but again, Its on a P5 so I can't really go by those pictures......I saw Negatize's pics. and his seems to be hangin kinda low also, so I guess its supposed to be like that...
                    '03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES
                    -Window Tint
                    -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by ProtegeDriva
                      Thanks for the pics 'DeanSweet' , looks pretty nice, but again, Its on a P5 so I can't really go by those pictures......I saw Negatize's pics. and his seems to be hangin kinda low also, so I guess its supposed to be like that...
                      Yes it is... It's meant to be able to house a skirt or something (like the factory MP3 one) so there is a large gap.

Nick Holinski

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

Sound clip of the Mazdaspeed axle-back if anyone's interested:

This is also on a the 1.6 BTW, so it may sound different than others.
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Yeah, mine hangs pretty low too...but that will be fixed next month when my MP3 rear skirt/side skirts/Sport20 front end is put on.

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Phat movie Clint. That part right at the end where you really pour on the coal sounds phat!

Mine is identical, but since I have a manual the shifts sound different.

Nick Holinski

Comment

Thanks.

I always thought that my exhaust sounded different than others w/ the Mazdaspeed since it's a 1.6 and not a 1.8/2.0.
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I've got the same gap on mine.

Hopefully I'll eventually get a body kit.....though I'd imagine there's some way to hold it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X