Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P0301 - Misfire - Help

Check out this mess:

* Ignition coil replaced (second 1.8 coil after replacing those crappy 2.0 coils three times)
    * Spark plugs cleaned and then replaced with long reach plugs
    * Seafoamed the tank and intake system
    * New air filter
    * Cleaned EGR valve
    * Replaced the fuel pump and filter(screen)
    * Wires are about a year old.

No hesitation until I hit half a tank and then Misfire Cylinder One. Plus it hesitates on hills and curves. If I fill up the tank the problem goes away.

A friend owns a shop and stated that the injector doesn't know how much fuel I have so if it was bad I would have issues from get go. I say this because I thought about swapping the injector from cyl one to two.

It has over 180K miles so I always smell a hint of oil when I park. When I have had the hesitation is smells a lot stronger, to the point that you want to pop the hood and expect a mess everywhere. No leaks other than my oil pressure sending unit that leaks a little but that can't be the issue as I am holding solid pressure.

Any suggestions?

Pump and filter are new, maybe 400 miles on them.

I am thinking either:

* #1 injector
    * fuel gauge sending unit(the stopper on the fuel pump) because it shows few issues until it gets at or below half a tank
    * fuel pressure regulator because the acceleration isn't up to par throughout the power band
    * Or drive it off of a cliff
    AEM intake, Ractive exhaust, Tsudo header, Ecoated blanks, and a bunch of stickers

Its hard to believe that a single cyl misfire is related to the fuel level,it really sounds like two problems .One being related to the pick-up in the tank and the other being a coil/injector/oil control -fouling type thing.
    However thinking outside the box the fuel level sender is wired to the PCM as are the injectors.If there is a short between injector one wire and the fuel level sensor it is possible that with the fuel sender being a varible resistor could cause the cyl one injector to act up if shorted together.