No announcement yet.

What up with Wagner motorsports kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yer your right, i noticed this too. The 1.8 has a 92mm stroke whereas the 2.0 has 97mm stroke, so there is very little difference between them
    Does that mean that all the fittings and everything are the same? If they are that'd mean a 2l exhaust would fit the 1.8, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 18green99
      Does that mean that all the fittings and everything are the same? If they are that'd mean a 2l exhaust would fit the 1.8, right?
      If the engines are really the same, then this would might work. The 01+ proteges have a secondary cat that attaches to the primary cat, while the 99-00 pros don't have the secondary cat. Most aftermarket systems for the 2.0 don't replace the secondary cat, and are therefore a few feet too short to use on the 1.8. I would think that you could find an appropriate pipe to connect the two though.
      Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
      Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

Here is the link to that auction I was tellin everyone about earlier. I will also include the e-mail that the guy sent to me when I asked about the kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2455580005 . Thats the link to the auction.

Here is the e-mail that he sent to me....

"yeah it will fit the 1.6 liter , but as you said- not the manifold. I'm not sure if the 1.6l Protege is a B-series or not but check out this install on a newer Protege project from Flyin' Miata. If you end up getting the greddy side mount manifold, you can reclock the turbo 90 degrees easily."

Whatcha all think?

Comment

I think you should be able to do that. You'll need to get a manifold made, probably by WagnerMS. Also, make sure that the turbo physically fits on their manifolds. Let me know if you think of anything else.
          Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
          Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

Working...
          X