02 sensor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 sensor problems

hey..im hoping somebody can help me with a issue im having with my top 02 sensor (the one going into the manifold) on my 1.8 2000 protégé. The CEL is on and the mechanic tried replacing it, but according to him it is impossible to get the thing out even after using the torch to heat it up. Now does this mean i need to replace the entire manifold just to put in a new 02 sensor, or does anyone have any idea how I can the old sensor out without breaking it off or something like that. Thanks!

just force it out the manifold will be fine and put a new o2 sensor in i see it all the time. just take off the heat cover and get it nice and hot and crank it out they make a socket for o2 sensors that you can get from snap-on or mac or just go to your local exhaust shop and they should know what to do for you
    Honda

Comment

Thanks...so i shouldn't be concered with busting it off or stipping it? Seems risking to me!

Comment

the o2 may strip but the bong should be ok tho for a new one
        Honda

Comment

LoL i just replaced the o2 sensor on my 00 1.6L.. wat kinda mechanic said u had to bust it out of there? and with a torch? lol. just unscrew the heat cover, i think its 3 or 4 screws. then use a wrench, might use a little hammer to hit it a few times down, or a cheater pipe. now if the mechanic alredy went in there with a torch.. me prob alredy messd up ur manifold lol.. =\

Comment

you use a torch to give a little heat and it comes right off most threads are froze in so a little heat takes it right off.... a hammer seems good but how when it's between the rad and the block ...cheater pipe may work but no heat may bust the 02
            Honda

Comment

Working...
            X