Manual conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual conversion

I have a 02 protege ES with an auto trans... i was wonder i had found a 02 protege 5 with a manual trans... i want to put the motor and trans in my car but i was wondering if i need a different wire harness or if the one for my auto was the same..

also i was wonderinf if anyone new if the wiring harness for a protege5 motor and trans was the same as the one for a protege ES

Comment

The wiring harness/ECU is different between the auto and manual cars. If your ES is a 2.0L then it will have the same engine harness as a Protege5 with the same transmission.

Comment

awesome... thank you

Comment

k i swapped my nex motor and trans up... went in super smooth... but idels really rough...... im just wondering if anyone can take a picture of where they landed there last wire... just before the ground post of there battery.... and if you have any idea how to smooth out my motor... please let me know.... dun_18@hotmail.com

Comment

This is nothing but a pure guess, but it could be that that the ecu has a slightly different program and that you need to have yours flashed. I would check to make sure you're getting a good spark to each plug and you may also want to check the timing. Clean your sensors, idle control valve and throttle body. Make sure the EGR is working right and check for any engine codes.

Comment

Originally posted by dtatham View Post
              This is nothing but a pure guess, but it could be that that the ecu has a slightly different program and that you need to have yours flashed. I would check to make sure you're getting a good spark to each plug and you may also want to check the timing. Clean your sensors, idle control valve and throttle body. Make sure the EGR is working right and check for any engine codes.
              Im just wondering... the idel control valve.. i have no clue where i would even find that lol.... not sure if you could give me an idea could you

Comment

Idle control

It's mounted on the backside of the throttle valve. There is a plug going to it so it should be fairly obvious. When you clean it I believe you need to grab the side of the phillips screw with a pair of vise grips or something. It's quite hard to unscrew with a screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                X