Where the heck is HIboost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the heck is HIboost?

I've finally got enough flow to get a kit for my 02 es but I cant get ahold of these guys, I've called their number but only got some construction company.
    Does anyone know how they (if you purchased a it from them) can be contacted? (Tried email aswell)
    Last edited by burntgamer; 09-26-2009, 07:27 AM.

Build your own "turbo kit" would probably the best

Comment

Ok heres the deal, I have a 2002 Protege ES 5spd. Great condition. I have been saving cash for about a year to turbo charge this baby. Only problem is I don't know WTF I'm doing. I am however good with a wrench, and I can pretty much handle anything auto related if i have instructions. I've been trying to get ahold of Hiboost, but I think that company may be dead. I have a few questions for ya fellas, Last week I installed a B&M shifter, wow what a diff. My ACT clutch, and Fidenza flywheel just arrived, I'm a little more than intimidated by attempting the install so I'm gonna go to a hobby shop and get some hands on instructions. I also got a Walbro fuel pump to handle the higher fuel output, and i assume i should get better injectors (any suggestions?). Anyhoo, here goes. First, am I right in assuming that a Mazdaspeed 2.0 engine block is the same as a N/A Protege? if so then am I correct in assuming that after market parts for the N/A protege like a Garret T3 turbo, would fit with Mazdaspeed aftermarket parts like a corksport intercooler? Or would any Mazdaspeed parts fit the FS 2.0 engine? Dead serious about doing this just need to know if I should run with a t3 or GT28 bb turbo, any "list" of "should gets would be great". Second, would a corksport down pipe for the mazda speed fit a T3 or is it GT28 exclusive?

V/R

Burnt

Comment

Look at www.hiboost.com/install.htm for instructions or http://www.hiboost.com/contact.html for contact information.

Comment

the number is bogus, 866 77TURBO, you get some automated system telling you to enter an extension number, or to hold for the receptionist, after which you get an answering machine that tells you to leave a message, or you get some girl saying you've reached some construction company and to leave a message, I think that maybe the company might dead.

Comment

You could still download the pdf directions for installing the turbo at the sight I listed above. I sent them an email saying they should post their correct number on this thread or at least get back to you. Hopefully they'll reply if they're still around. I know I wouldn't buy anything from them given what you've written so far.
            Last edited by dtatham; 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Yes the block is 100% identical to the Mazdaspeed, but why do you think they corked it off @ 170hp? The block is weak, they barely like 10psi before they pop, and the rods may as well be made of plywood....

But if its a simple setup you are looking for you should be okay with just bolting on a mazdaspeed manifold/turbo
              Mazdaspeed injectors
              Mazdaspeed ECU
              Add in a FMIC, (the stock mazdaspeed one is garbage, aka InterHeater)
              and the rest of the stock turbo setup to push stock boost, It could be a fun car... I personally have chosen the KL route then boost if i do decide to keep this car

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Believe me I've heard of the weak rods, and I do only want a simple setup. I'm only gonna run 8psi. I figure once I figure out the setup and get it running, then I'll get some forged internals and maybe try 10 or 12psi. I ordered a Garret T3 turbo, and an OBX Manifold. I have a Walbro High output FUel pump. I think a corksport downpipe might fit the T3 to the cat, but I'm gonna have to rip **** apart and hook the turbo and manifold up to see what I'm working with. THen I gotta incorporate the wastegate and intercooler, which to be honest I don't have the faintest idea where to start. This is gonna sound bad but the ECU and FUel management are different? If thats the case then I would want a standalone right? I was checking out the Microtech LT10 Standalone Engine Management System at Protege Garage (that dude probably loves me, I've dumped like 2 g's in his shop over the past week) it seems pricey, but the best bet if I wanna control ignition and fuel. By the way, what is "KL route"? I know, I'm a noob. Thanks guys, let me know what else you think.

V/R
                Burnt

Comment

Not to rag on yoou but the OBX manifold is trash. Pretty much any OBX parts are inferior. But if you're wanting to go with a simple setup why not just get the mazdaspeed turbo manifold and turbo. Hell you can get a bolt on gt28 upgrade turbo and it still works with the downpipe. You will need to cut and mod the wastegate arm but thats simple. Also with a stock setup you will really only need the mazdaspeed ECU. (read: ECU = fuel management)
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
                  X