Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever buy from Timing Belt Kit Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever buy from Timing Belt Kit Pro?

I'm looking at ordering a full kit from Timing Belt Kit Pro, a seller on Amazon and eBay too. Anyone here order a kit from them? Any recommendations?

I have when i had my civic you get everything you need new tensioner valve cover seals water pump timing belt its worthit to me
    sigpic

Comment

I was going to get the full kit, all gaskets, belts, tensioner, idler, water pump, etc.

Comment

check the feedback ratings of the seller, they are a useful shopping tool. for a competitive price, a dealer local to me sells and ships a complete kit for the protege: http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/prod...WPKIT1%29.html

it is sourced parts, so some are aftermarket, and some are OEM. it'll be the same parts most dealers will use to do the work. however, some dealers/installers skip some of the work like the camshaft/crankshaft seals, pulleys, like i experienced when i had mine installed at different dealer. not a big deal as its more for peace of mind, but it says something about your installer.

Comment

When I was at the dealership on Honda vehicles we never used aftermarket parts on Hondas unless you either requested we did you you needed to fix something but couldn't afford oem, but that was very rare. And as far as the seals and water pumps and what not, its the the "integrity" of the installer that that judges. It's the price of the job, if you get a timing belt, you get that replaced, if you want a timing belt, cam seals, crank seal, water pump, tensioner, etc you're tacking on a lot more money for stuff that may or may not even need replacing. When buying an aftermarket timing kit I really prefer the continental contitech timing kit. I've used them numerous times with not one complaint.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

just bought a gates timing kit from rockauto .. parts look decent

Comment

I was going to vote my opinion for Gates as well, they use better quality rubber that is closer to the OEM one.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Kit arrived Saturday, so they process and ship fast. I'll try and do a photo log of the job.

Comment

Bump - Timing Belt Kit

Originally posted by A914Man View Post
                  I'm looking at ordering a full kit from Timing Belt Kit Pro, a seller on Amazon and eBay too. Anyone here order a kit from them? Any recommendations?
                  I'm in the same boat and at 105K miles on my 2002 Mazda Protege DX. I assume that you got this kit ($244.90 w/ shipping)?

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                  just bought a gates timing kit from rockauto .. parts look decent
                  Originally posted by D323 View Post
                  I was going to vote my opinion for Gates as well, they use better quality rubber that is closer to the OEM one.
                  Looks like the Gates kit are getting some good recommendations...I'm having a hard time getting a parts list on RockAuto that is similar to the complete TBK kit - I see the TCK-228 kit and the Gates water pump...do they have a complete kit or do I need to piece it together?

Originally posted by A914Man View Post
                  Kit arrived Saturday, so they process and ship fast. I'll try and do a photo log of the job.
                  How has your car been doing with the TBK kit you installed? Any feedback?

I've also found the following kit from Rosenthal Arlington Mazda Parts ($334.58 w/ shipping). Does anyone have any feedback about this kit?

Also, I'm interested in bringing the parts to a mechanic...for those who have replaced the timing belt, water pump, and associated kit components, how many hours (ballpark) should this take a qualified mechanic?

Thanks!

Comment

Where are you located in wisconsin?
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sorry for the delay in my reply, it's a long story. I got the kit and installed it (with help from youtube video) and a year and a half later, no problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X