Air intake hose help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air intake hose help

Hi, I'm brand new here and I'm hoping someone can help me.
    I cleaned my Mass Airflow Sensor and Throttle Body a few hours ago but while I was cleaning the throttle body, one of the hoses that attaches to the big air intake hose disconnected on the other end. In other words, I have the main big tube (excuse my ignorance for names) that runs from MAF sensor to throttle body and there are 2 tubes connected to it up top: a thicker one which runs across the back of the engine bay, and a smaller one which is only some 7 inches long or so and is currently not connected to anything. What do I do with that tube, where do i connect it? (i have included a picture of the tubes I'm talking about. Sorry about the bad quality)

Additional Info: 2003 Mazda Protege DX 1.8L

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	1269123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	1269123

Not sure if you still need this, but that hose should go straight down behind the manifold in front of the firewall. Hard to describe. Direct it in the general direction it's pointing in the pic, but run it under the large hose it's currently resting on top of. Then curve it downwards to the port it fits on. Let me know and I can try to take a pic.

Also, your engine should be a 2.0L, correct?
    2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

Oh, yes the engine is 2.0L, my bad.
      I saw a small metal tube-like port, no more than 2/3 of an inch long jutting out a bit behind the throttle body. Is that what you're talking about? The hose fits well on it but I have no idea what the purpose of it is. Also, there is an identical port in the center of the metal gizmo in my pic but it's covered with a black cap. You can see what I'm talking about in my pic- it's a bit before the green and white electrical connectors.

Comment

Best if I just post this pic since I don't know what any of the part names are
        Arrows at each end of the hose I think you're working with.

2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

Perfect. That's exactly the piece I was talking about and you were able to confirm I had it connected right. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X