Clinging sound coming from the right pasenger side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinging sound coming from the right pasenger side

It sounds like to metal objects hitting each other. Or a loose nut. I can't find it anywhere on the web on what could be the problem. I just had the clutch replaced and one of the mechanics said it could be my pressure plate. I was looking under the hood to figure out what was wrong with it when a Protege5 came rolling through with the same clinging sound. Is this normal for all proteges? I need help.

when does the sound occur most often? are you driving? is the car idling? are you cornering? can you duplicate it under specific conditions? i dont suppose you could get a friend to record the sound on their camera or phone? i've been trying to diagnose random squeeks, rattles, and clunks for years but have not gotten far.

one common sound i hear is that of a random nut/bolt flinging around. could just be winter squeeks, or a pebble fell in somewhere. it goes away after a while when i assume the pebble makes its way out.

another sound i've figured out was the hood latch. occasionally makes a metal clinking noise when i go over bridge joints or something like that.

and finally the heat shield under the exhaust pipe tends to rust and rattle away.

Comment

Another thing.to check, if it happens over bumps, is your sway bar link.
      sigpic
      1992 Familia GT-X
      1988 323 GTX
      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by meGrimlock View Post
        when does the sound occur most often? are you driving? is the car idling? are you cornering? can you duplicate it under specific conditions? i dont suppose you could get a friend to record the sound on their camera or phone? i've been trying to diagnose random squeeks, rattles, and clunks for years but have not gotten far.

one common sound i hear is that of a random nut/bolt flinging around. could just be winter squeeks, or a pebble fell in somewhere. it goes away after a while when i assume the pebble makes its way out.

another sound i've figured out was the hood latch. occasionally makes a metal clinking noise when i go over bridge joints or something like that.

and finally the heat shield under the exhaust pipe tends to rust and rattle away.
        I'll try and record on my way to school. It rattles a lot then when I come to a stop sign I dip in the clutch and it quiets down. In does not go away though. I recently put a new muffler so my car is just straight up vibrating. So I decided to take it to a muffler shop and they said nothing was wrong with it. I told him about the whole clutch thing and he said take it to the shop and see if it's the pressure plate. I can't really hear it when I'm driving because the winds in my face and if the windows are up the muffler over powers it.

Comment

Here is the sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71R4b...ature=youtu.be turn up the volume

Comment

Working...
          X