Need Help With ACT Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles
    Just resurface it, it's not gonna run more than $40... trust me. They'll also take out the old pilot bearing when they do it, then you can replace that too.

Edit: P.S., check out the old flywheel that was on my GTX... LOL
    http://www.bpt-racer.com/albums/26swap/IMG_0285.jpg

too late teh tranny is back in, just awaiting a hose and its good to go.....but we did replace the bearing.

and i can see why youd need a new one or resurfaced one but gregs was in good condition
    Last edited by 2.4~TuNeR~GoD; 03-04-2004, 10:34 AM.

Comment

35k the flywheel is just beginning to get broke in, no need to resurface, and i only had to pull my pass side axle completely out. driver side i just took the tie rod loose and pried on the axle a bit.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

35k and you think a flywheel is just breaking in ...

ohh please .....

but as long as his car is cool and put together right ....

you know you pontiac people ...
        j/k
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Alright a small miracle occured and I drove my car tonight. It would have been done Wednesday night but a fitting on a hose got pinched. Ordered a replacement at 8:00am on Thursday. And Mazda's definition of overnight express is to get it here on Monday......what ****tards. But they did refund my overnight charges. I think I may be the only person with a documented refund from a dealership from something that wasn't my fault.

But the clutch feels...well let's say different. It is going to take some getting used to. It does however pull hard as hell throughout all the gears. I can't wait til it gets broken in and I can really test it.

Comment

man bruce, i replaced my clutch at 85k and my flywheel was fine, i took it to get it turned and the guy told me it would have been a waste of money......blah

the stock clutches on these cars have such weak gripping force, theres nothing there to really scar the flywheel. I mean yeah it was smooth but comon how long is it gonna stay scuffed up after you turn it.
            Last edited by Kelly; 03-08-2004, 08:36 PM.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
            X