p0090/p0300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p0090/p0300

I got a 2003 mazda protege lx thats been acting up at times and here are the symptoms rough running at times, hard to start at times, hesitates while driving sometimes but at idle in park it doesn't hesitate. but like I said it doesn't act up all the time! I have CEL CODES P0090/ P0300 IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS ISSUE WITH THESE CODES PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME INFO! Thanks!!

Check the rubber intake tube between the maf and throttle body for cracks. Other things to look for is a sticking egr. Bad coils and wires.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

The intake is new and coils and wires are new I looked up the p0090 its Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit. I'm thinking it could be the fuel pressure regulator control solenoid, but could it cause those symptoms? and how do you test the solenoid ??

Comment

Test the PRC Solenoid Valve.
        Field service manual Page 01-14-2 shows the location of the valve
        Page 01-14-31 has the test procedure

edit: this is for p0090, but I suspect p0300 could come from that as well.

PM sent, check your inbox
        Last edited by vw.fe2o3; 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM.
        2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

Thanks I APPRECIATE Y'ALLS HELP! I would also like to check the resistance doesn't say. do you know what its suppose to read in OHMS??

Comment

If you open the Engine chapter from that site, you can search the document (Control F) for PRC and it will carry you through several other sections of the document regarding checking the circuit, etc under various other fault codes.
            Take a look at page 1-02A-115. Whole page is on PRC, but the very bottom has what I think you're looking for for the resistance check.
            2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

Working...
            X