Idle Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Issues

Hey guys. I've been having a couple issues with my P5 relating to idle, and I feel like I know the issue (idle air control valve or EGR), but I just wanna make sure before I start taking things apart.

First issue: I've been having this issue very rarely, but when it happens it is annoying. Occasionally my P5 will start up just fine, and if I leave in the clutch or let it idle it will die, and it repeats for a minute or so if I'm not careful. It's a very odd issue, because it mostly happens after I've been driving he car for 3+ hours, happens for a minute or so, and then stops. I did notice that my car kinda stumbles on those starts, but no other clues. I've been trying to narrow it down because I can't notice any real consistency in when it happens. The only common factor I've noticed is that it doesn't happen in the winter (so helpful, right?). My car idles at 500 after warming up (sometimes a little lower maneuvering in parking lots) and gets a little shaky around that point from stiff motor mounts (just replaced them last month). Any ideas besides what I mentioned above?

The second issue is more a question as to whether or not this is normal. When I hold my clutch in or put hre tranny in neutral when coming to a stop, I've noticed that my engine idles at 750 just fine. However, when I do stop, the idle drops to about 500. Is that what's supposed to happen (ECU thing maybe?).

I'm more active on Mazdas247, but I'm hoping to change that. Thanks guys!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Working...
X