Check engine light on obd codes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light on obd codes help

he other day I was driving and the check engine light came on when I went over 100km/h

So I plugged in my obd scanned and it gave me 3 codes. One of them was the po500 the other two were po102 and po113.

So I deleted the codes using my scanner.

Drove around normally not getting higher then 80 and the light doesn't turn on. So I then went on the motorway and bam it's on as soon as i reach A 100km/h

I immediately scanned it as I got home and only got one code this time which again was the? Po500 which is a speed sensor A malfunction

The car is driving perfectly fine. It's exactly the time it needed a service about, 200kms ago.

Any ideas as to wat this could be?

Mazda familia 2001 hatchback bj engine

The vehicle speed sensor is on the transmission. Check the wires and connector going to it. Pretty simple to replace if it turns out it's bad. Do you have automatic or manual transaxle?
    2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by vw.fe2o3 View Post
      The vehicle speed sensor is on the transmission. Check the wires and connector going to it. Pretty simple to replace if it turns out it's bad. Do you have automatic or manual transaxle?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have a manual transaxle. The light only comes on at 100km/h in 5th gear. Then stays on until I erase the codes via an obdii scanner. Then if I go 100km/h it'll turn on again.

Yes I will try and check the connectors and wires going to the VSS. Ive heard loose connections and poor soldering can also cause this.

Where exactly is the VSS speed sensor on the bj 1.5l manual motor?

Thanks for all ur help, much appreciated

Comment

It should be in the back sticking out of the top of the transmission differential area (where the axles enter the transmission).

Comment

Working...
        X