2002 P5 ignition problems????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 P5 ignition problems????

Got an '02 Protege5 with 200K. Well kept, good parts and maintenance, daily driver. Recently, almost home I noticed fuel was really low, so I went past the house to go refuel. Leaving the stop, the car lurched and cut out, "Crap, musta been really low on fuel...But NO Low low fuel warning" I thought. I coasted for a hundred feet in neutral thinking to let the pickup get more fuel and hit the key...no start. I pulled off the highway and waited a couple of minutes. Tried again. The engine turned over but wouldn't start. went and got 4 gallons of gas and still wouldn't start. Had her towed to the house. checked all the fuses I could find marked or not and all appeared good. After checking here I found where the fuel relay was. Seemed good, no damage to the connectors. I'm not a mechanic so the parts swaps started since I HAVE to go to work...Replaced the fuel and ignition relays - NO...pulled the fuel pump and replaced it-NO.. Went and bought a scan tool. got codes...0660,0340,0455,0421...Pulled the plugs and they appeared almost shot and smelled of fuel...Replaced the plugs and camshaft position sensor....still turns over but won't start.....I'm about ready for tannerite, but all my Mazdas have been too good. What have I not thought of, that a non-mechanic can do????

Update, pulled the plugs one at a time. Each have fire and are getting fuel....NOW WHAT??

Comment

Working...
    X