I just want to add a little horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4cyl can be fast.
    there's a 4cyl mazda6 that puts out 1000hp. fast enough for me.

if you just want to add NO2 cuz you want to show cavalier wankers where they are in a quick little race.. go for it... just make sure you know what you're doing, and never over-do it.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by sam1
      youll never be fast with a protege.

boost can go a long way

Comment

oh yeah.. i had given up on boost a few weeks ago.
        then i drove in Brian_Mp5T's car.. OMG!
        that VOOOM PSHHH noise is the BEST!!! and the pull in that car.. (only running at 7psi)

i'm just working out the technicalities of the ATx tranny... but hell, if an ATx protege can out run a BMW Z3 (my only goal).. it's a SWEET car

RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

How much for the Atx tranny thing people talk about where can i get it done?
          2003 Mazda Protege LX
          Laser Blue
          www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
          Old Car
          1998 Kia Sephia LS
          Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

[QUOTE=Protege Garage]i personally have never seen any 3rd generation protege safely run nitrous with any level of proper preparation or safety measure or added fuel measures. every single pro owner I've known who has used nitrous has blown thier engine.

I'll introduce you to my friends who owns a 2001 Protege. The only mods are Injen CAI, cat back exhaust and he has been running for the past 6 months probably a 75 shot of NOS> After all this time, the negine is still i perfect running condition with absolutely no knocks or anything. SO whoever wants to run NOS, the car can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1
              not worth an engine just to go fast for a little bit. even with nos, the protege is just not a god damn race car. its a 4CYL. you want a race car, go get an old v8. youll never be fast with a protege. although, you can out-handle alot of others.
              Neither is any other street legal car when you really think about it.
              The only "real" race cars are those that have been built for racing, and will never see anything but the track.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Is there a CAI with cooling coils for a MP5?

Comment

Race cars are fun, from 2-cylinder to rotary.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by TheJackyl
                    How much for the Atx tranny thing people talk about where can i get it done?
                    what do you mean... to rebuilt/reinforce??
                    i don't know... i've gotten some quotes for it.. around $1000-$1200 for a new torque converter and valve body, including labour.
                    i'm going to see what i can get this winter, probably... first do tranny.. then do turbo (other way around is WAY pricier)

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Moved to 3rd gen engine/drivetrain...
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

What kind of performance gains can you get with the Atx i know not hp but like what will make it better than a standard auto transmission?
                        2003 Mazda Protege LX
                        Laser Blue
                        www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                        Old Car
                        1998 Kia Sephia LS
                        Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Originally posted by KrockIT
                          Just another new guy chiming in…a gumshoe to all this stuff. I just want to remain modest and bump my MP5 up about 50hp WITHOUT going turbo and blowing up my engion. Any sound suggestions? Probably start with a Cold Air Intake and a Cat Back Exhaust. But then what? That will only give you about 20-30 hp, right?
                          There is no way you will get 50hp..with just intake, exhuast & header!

I suggest you purchase a nitrous kit..i had it on my p5 for about 6 months..the car ran great..but i got bored of it..and purchased a turbo kit!

Chas

Comment

Working...
                          X