No announcement yet.

1.8L exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i was just searching for some exhaust stuff and i came across this and i was woundering if i was miss-informed.... but i was under the impression that the 1.8 bp was nothing like any 2.0..........
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

The 1.8L in the 3rd gen is not a BP.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ummm....... well...... thanks for clearing that up for me... I must have just been over looking that completly!!

DAMN 1st gen'ers!!!

LOL!!
        Last edited by weelyweels; 02-11-2006, 12:03 AM.
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

check out the faq: http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/

It has all the engine info. The 2.0L FS is virtually the exact same engine on the outside as the 1.8L FP, but as listed, it is different internally. They share the same head, as well. I checked with a mazda dealer and the 2.0 FS and 1.8 FP heads are the same model number.
          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

glyph,

Where have you been all this time? Welcome back. Are you at McGuire AFB now?

Happy Motoring!
            Last edited by goldstar; 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM.
            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

yep, McGuire. That's part of the reason I've been out of touch. Moving, getting the new house ready for living and the new baby (due 4 March!) and then appendicitis, and getting requalled since I wasn't flying for so long, etc etc

Been busy. I haven't been able to fix my exhaust leak in all this time.

Thanks for noticing, btw!
              My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
              JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
              AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Are you sure the 2.0 is a de-stroked 1.8??
                positive....the 2.0L FS came out first on the 93-97 MX-6/626/Probe/B2000....They De-stroked the engine to make it rev better for the 99-00 Protege, then decided americans would want the extra torque the 2.0L makes and brought it back after 2001....Becides why make ANOTHER engine when you can build ONE for the 626 and the Protege

Comment

did BMW ever get his exhaust? That's what I want to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X