Transmission LED/Turn Signal LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission LED/Turn Signal LED

OK, I've searched the site to make sure I don't have a double post. I have an 02 LX (Canadian) automatic and I'm wondering if anyone knows what LED replaces the one under the transmission. I've had it apart and it's a green 12V in a twist plate, wired into a connector with something else. I want to replace it with a blue one. I don't want to damage the twist on seating and I think the size is 5 mm but I'm not sure. Any ifo out there??

Secondly, I've seen in previous posts ppl have changed their turn signals to red. Is that a #74 in the gauge cluster?? I need to know before I send my order to superbrightleds.com.

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Brad
    I have to replace 2 LEDs in my gauges. I want to get two blue LEDs #74. I know i can find them at superbrightleds.com but i cannot find them on the site anywhere. please help me out.
    there you go.

Comment

:d

2000 White Protege LX
      Sumitomo 195/60HR14
      2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
      Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
      Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
      Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
      Kenwood Music Keg
      Black Widow Keyless Entry
      Intake- Custom SRI
      Clear Corner Lights
      APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

The ones Brad was talking about were not the turn signals, they were for the backlight for the gauges. I'm pretty sure the turn signals take the same size bulb but I would pull them out and compare to be sure before you order them.

And as far as I know, nobody's replaced the shift light yet. You can be the guinea pig, let us know how it goes.

Comment

Transmission Problem Solved!

The LED in the transmission appears to be a 5mm 12V LED, mounted in a plastic quarter turn base. I've managed to remove the base and replace the LED with a blue LED. I joined the leads of the LED to the exisiting harness and voila! More blue

Pics to come...

Comment

how did you manage to get in there?

2000 White Protege LX
            Sumitomo 195/60HR14
            2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
            Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
            Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
            Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
            Kenwood Music Keg
            Black Widow Keyless Entry
            Intake- Custom SRI
            Clear Corner Lights
            APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Accessing the Transmission LED

To access the shift light (for auto transmission) it quite simple. No tools necessary. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance

1. Engage the parking brake (pull up)
              2. pull out the plastic cover around the parking brake, just behind the transmission (best to grab inside the boot of the parking brake)
              3. Pull off the black area around the transmission, this will also remove the cup holders in front of the transmission (great for cleaning those things
              4. Pull off the little black ring that acts as a gromet for the transmission.
              5. Next, move the transmission into Neutral, and pull off the remaining plactic piece which is the plate with the letters on it. You can't take it off without removingthe top of the shift, so I just slid it up as far as I could go without breaking it.

Voila, below you will see an LED seated into a quarter turn base. I haven't figured out how to remove the LED from the base yet though. The LED connects to a harness further closer to the console (4 pin connector)

My plans are to remove the LED and swap it for a 3V Blue LED and splice in a Resistor (cheaper than finding a 12V blue LED)

Again I'll post some pics for instructions, all of this is from memory

Jay

Comment

Working...
              X