Reverse Gauge Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Gauge Option

I was wondering if it would be safe to make little slits or open up the area to slide the temp and gas needles thru a set of reverse gauges. I was stumped because the area right around the needles light up, so i was wondering if any cuts would break the layover...

You'll be fine making a small slit on the side of the guage. Many have done this before and I don't recall seeing threads dealing with problems. Just be very careful when installing them, many people including myself have busted their needles.

Comment

even the all indiglo gauges still lit up with a slit in the middle of them. although you can see a bit of light pierce through the slitl. That may not be the case with indiglos, I can't say for sure because I installed the reverse gauge faces without any cuts.
      Then again I did go through three clusters before getting it right :ARCADE:

btw- Greg, I wanted dibs on the muffler
      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
        even the all indiglo gauges still lit up with a slit in the middle of them. although you can see a bit of light pierce through the slitl. That may not be the case with indiglos, I can't say for sure because I installed the reverse gauge faces without any cuts.
        Then again I did go through three clusters before getting it right :ARCADE:

btw- Greg, I wanted dibs on the muffler

What muffler?

Comment

so there will be no issues if middle of the gauge has a little slit in it? i already tried to put em on but now i gotta get new gas n temp needles...

Comment

You don't get new needles, you get a new gauge cluster. And no, there will be no issues. Just make sure you look at the back of it so you don't cut any electrical connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Blend
              What muffler?
              the infamous Proto2k green muffler (check out his sig).

don't feel bad about the needles. been there done that, 3 times over
              salvage yards carry clusters for around 50-75 bucks compared to the dealersihp wanting 350ish. Only thing with a new cluster is that it will change the odomoter reading, something to keep in mind in case the car is still under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
                the infamous Proto2k green muffler (check out his sig).

don't feel bad about the needles. been there done that, 3 times over
                salvage yards carry clusters for around 50-75 bucks compared to the dealersihp wanting 350ish. Only thing with a new cluster is that it will change the odomoter reading, something to keep in mind in case the car is still under warranty.
                dealerships charge what they want. mine was $800

2000 White Protege LX
                Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                Kenwood Music Keg
                Black Widow Keyless Entry
                Intake- Custom SRI
                Clear Corner Lights
                APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

yeah my dealer **** wanted 600 bucks for it and that is crap!

Comment

Holy ****! Try the salvage yard before going to the stealership. A local salvage yard by me has bailed me out many of times and has helped others on the forums. Anyone wanting their number just PM me.

Comment

You can change the gauges out of the cluster so you can keep your odometer.
                      Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Blend
                        yeah my dealer **** wanted 600 bucks for it and that is crap!
                        You must be typing this standing up. Because there is no way you can sit after being raped so hard. But seriously get a hold of Witchdoktor, the same guy has bailed me out a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                          You must be typing this standing up. Because there is no way you can sit after being raped so hard.

LMFAO!!!

edit - not laughing at Brad or Special Blend, the line is just classic
                          Last edited by Witchdoktor; 08-26-2004, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                            You can change the gauges out of the cluster so you can keep your odometer.
                            http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48154
                            awesome for those still under warranty

Comment

I slit mine with a brand new razor blade.... cannot even tell because the cut is so clean. I only had to do it on the tach but it sure did work out well.

Comment

Working...
                              X