painted 3rd gen headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painted 3rd gen headlights

who has painted the 99-00 headlights? please post pics if avaliable. i basically just was curious how hard this mod is to do. i have thought about trying this next weekend but have heard stories about peoples lights fogging up because the lights didnt seal back when reinstalling so any posts will help. thanks
    erebuni shogun kit,alt g-force 17 inch wheels,ventus h2 tires,black taillights,jsp apache spoiler,tinted windows, custom eyelids,painted calipers and drums,goldline springs,m3 mirrors,toucan xenon headlights and corner lights,brospeed exhaust,aem short ram air intake,mp3 strutbar,ngk plugs and wires, yellow carbon fiber dash kit,sony xplode cd player,alpine mids and highs,jl audio subwoofer, acoustic 360 amp,weapon r j-spec floor mats,painted gauge bezel and colomn around steering wheel, reverse indiglo gauges,chrome gauge bezel,autotechnic s-7 water temp gauge with a carbon fiber autometer mounting cupalpine alarm.

second page are some pics, if they fog up just put some hot glue around em .... it should be fine , and ghost wrote a tutorial, i dont remember where it is though, its not hard at all just takes some time .

Comment

ghost has it on the "other forum" and on promazda. I was curious to see 99-00 headlights also.

Comment

i have done it, proto2k (greg) had it done on his old car, and i know MIAprotege has it, i dont know if anyone else does but there are probably more people than just us 3 , those are just the only 3 i know of.

Comment

i have it done too. bake 275degrees for 11 mins, and the lense just pulls apart. You may need some scissors to cut the glue in order not to make that big a mess. there are 2 or 3 screws that hold the trim in. I used a scotch bright pad and wet sanded all of the chrome paint of that piece, primed and painted. then put it back as good as you can, bake for 11 mins at 275 degrees and press the rest of the way together.

here is a pic of gregs.
          an one of another guy, sorry cant think of your name.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

p.s. you' have to get the pcp jdm clear corners from ebay, there around 35 dollars, in order for it to look right.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
              p.s. you' have to get the pcp jdm clear corners from ebay, there around 35 dollars, in order for it to look right.

$37 but there not ebay.
              sigpic
              1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
              1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
              2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Originally posted by alprotege
                i basically just was curious how hard this mod is to do.
                If you can cook a pizza, then you can do this mod.

Comment

w00t for name change.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                    w00t for name change.
                    yeah i just saw that, why????
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by .Zero

Procarparts is a dealer on ebay...all of there sales show up on ebay.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

thanks guys just didnt want to get into something that i would screw up. i believe i can do this mod, seems simple enough and and when you pull the lens away from the light if there is glue hanging just cut it. wont that cause it to have a leak there.
                        erebuni shogun kit,alt g-force 17 inch wheels,ventus h2 tires,black taillights,jsp apache spoiler,tinted windows, custom eyelids,painted calipers and drums,goldline springs,m3 mirrors,toucan xenon headlights and corner lights,brospeed exhaust,aem short ram air intake,mp3 strutbar,ngk plugs and wires, yellow carbon fiber dash kit,sony xplode cd player,alpine mids and highs,jl audio subwoofer, acoustic 360 amp,weapon r j-spec floor mats,painted gauge bezel and colomn around steering wheel, reverse indiglo gauges,chrome gauge bezel,autotechnic s-7 water temp gauge with a carbon fiber autometer mounting cupalpine alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                          Procarparts is a dealer on ebay...all of there sales show up on ebay.

oh well I feel dumb. thank thought for the info

The glue should stay on one side of the assembly. Either the lense or the housing. I wouldn't cut any glue off. If you bake em long enough it should just come apart easly. Make sure you don't get any overspray on the inner part of the lense. Some how I did without knowing. Either that or it's dirt. I don't feel like getting it all out again to find out.

Yeah when i did em i was afraid but it's pretty easy ot do. just rather time consuming trying to get headlights outs and back in there again.
                          Last edited by .Zero; 09-26-2004, 10:41 AM.
                          sigpic
                          1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                          1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                          2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

oh ok thanks,i will just place my lens inside while i do it so i dont get any overspray on it. i will just have to take my time and do it slow then,dont want to go through all the trouble and then not do it right. thanks everyone for there info.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                              yeah i just saw that, why????
                              I got tired of my old s/n.

Comment

Working...
                              X