shaved mouldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaved mouldings

Does anyone have any sugested techniques for removing the side mouldings and the adhesive crap w/o damaging the paint?
    RED 99 w 55k.

Recent mods, Motegi FF7's (Glossy black). 205/40/17's. M3 mirrors. Deck. MTX class D running single 12''. Erebuni body kit

pull them right off..the adhesive can be removed with some WD-40 and a credit card and it wont hurt the paint

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
      RED 99 w 55k.

Recent mods, Motegi FF7's (Glossy black). 205/40/17's. M3 mirrors. Deck. MTX class D running single 12''. Erebuni body kit

Comment

I did what the guy above said, just pulled it off then took the adhesive off with a credit car but I used some stuff called autmotive wipe, wasn't really that greaat but it smelled like oranges.

here is a picture of what mine looks like

Comment

There have been many HowTo's on this subjext...be careful scraping and be prepared for all those lovely door dings!! Mine didnt come off so easy a lot of thumb and blow-dryer action for me..GOod Luck...oh and i hate the orange smelling stuff!!
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

same thing happened to me. I had to use my thumb and a hair dryer plus some glue removing liquid. took way longer than expected but came out nice.

Comment

Yea it does look pretty nice.......

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Yup I just did that today, decided the black side mouldings didn't match a white car. I must say, it looks great without them. Now all I have to do is wait for a little longer forecast for nice weather so I can slap my white rims back on.

Comment

pictures?
                  'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                  -Dean
                  2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                  18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                  Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                  MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                  Injen CAI - Polished
                  Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                  DaveB trim rings
                  Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                  Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                  Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                  Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                  Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                  Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                  Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                  Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Ill post mine up as soon as i can!!

Comment

I pulled mine off this week No prob. The easiest way to get the glue off is to use a credit card and Gum Out carb and choke cleaner. It wont hurt the paint and it dissolves the glue easily. It only took about an hour and a half to to do the whole thing and it looks great.
                      -$|_|3$()|_()_z!-

Comment

Working...
                      X