02 P5 gauges in a 99 ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 P5 gauges in a 99 ES

Are these gauges a direct swap? I want to know if i can just plug and play or if there is more to it.
    93 323 LX
    99 Protege LX Touring Edition.

I've seen posted before that they are NOT compatible.

In the thread someone had done the swap (the fit and the plugs are a match I take it) and then reported that some of the gauges (temp and fuel maybe) were not acting properly. The response to this was "they aren't compatible is why."

Comment

That Sucks! I wonder if i could swap my internals into the P5 housing?
      93 323 LX

Comment

what is the production date on your car ???

Comment

02/99
          93 323 LX

Comment

they should fit right in, alot of ppl ive seen done it. so shouldnt be a problem at all
            Maroon 1995 Probe SE
            Beige 1994 Protege DX
            Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

You've seen what done before people swapping the internals into a P5 housing or using the whole unit?
              93 323 LX

Comment

I did a 02 lx into a 99DX (both manual)

The problem is that the temp sensor doesn't work and the high beams indicator does not work. I could probably figure it out, but I have not had the time, or a 02 lx handy to check all of the connections.

Comment

shootz did u use the whole cluster? I'm sure if thats all the problems its just a matter of switching a few of the wires around I'll have to dig up some schematics.
                  93 323 LX

Comment

Yeah, I did the whole cluster. The thing is that I broke the fuel gauge when I put on some reverse glow gauges... so I have more than just wires to fix. Do you know if I can get a fix for the needles from my old DX cluster? I've never done the needle fix before, do you have to use the whole needle (red section, or do you get just the pin? Thanks guys, have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by shootz
                      The problem is that the temp sensor doesn't work and the high beams indicator does not work. I could probably figure it out, but I have not had the time, or a 02 lx handy to check all of the connections.
                      LOL, I have the reverse problem. I have the 99 cluster with 02 harnesses/ECU. My high beam indicator does work, but when the headlights are on regardless of whether they are actually on or not. My temp gauge doesn't work either.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

interesting...I have an O2 LX cluster in My 2000...the everything works but the high beam indicator...It also gave me the auto dimming dome light and seatbelt chime....so I figure WTF and left it alone

Comment

Remember, some of the 99's had ****ed up wiring compared to the later-99's. That's why some some clusters work in the 99's, and some don't.

When I did my swap, I had to swap the entire ECU AND dash harness from the 02 donor I had - even though the fuel pumps are the same, the fuel pump wasn't being powered by the 99 harness.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                          X