Keyless Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless Entry

I need some help here I just recently installed a remote start and I was hoping to get my remote to unlock doors to but I remembered how the stock keyless entry does not work when the car is running. Would I be able to bypass this somehow to make it so when I remote start the car I can still remote unlock the doors?

Hello?

Anyone know? Noone has done this?

Comment

Thanks

Ok I guess noone knows this one. I guess I will just hook it up and see what happens.

Comment

good idea, let us know. I'd like to do it also.
        LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
        Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
        WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
        Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
        REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
        Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
        Paypal Verified

Comment

The man is correct also if you want to arm the alarm you can cut the orange wire at pin 6 on the alarm module under the dash. Just be sure to insilate (tape up the wires so they don't ground out on you). The alarm functions properly there is a good write up on msprotege search for greddy fatt.

Comment

Worked Great

Woo Hoo thanx guys I knew one of you Protégé Geniuses would know how to fix that problem. Cutting the Blue/White wire alowed me to unlock and lock using my keyless entry while the car was running.

Comment

why didn't you just hook up the remote start to lock unlock doors and arm disarm thats the way we do them
              98 protege lx 1.8l
              short ram intake custom
              crane hi-6 ign.
              14 miata alloy wheels
              .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Not sure if I understand what you mean?

Comment

when I install remote starters ,I use the lock unlock outputs on the starter module to operate the locks . This will allow you to lock unlock as well as arm disarm using the remote key fob ,you can put your OEM fobs away and the don't have to be used anymore. We use Autostart remote starters and Mazda accessory If there is one available for the model.(3,5,6 and Tribute). With the Autostart you would put a 1000 ohm resistor on the small brown wire and hook both the small brown and small green from the remote module to the lock wire coming from the drivers lock switch . Do the same thing for the arm disarm but the wires are white with green and white with brown to the alarm wire . Let me know what brand of remote you are using and year of protege and I might be able to be more help. But we never cut off any of the factory wiring on any Protege yet and I've installed about 60 remote starters in protege's alone.
                  98 protege lx 1.8l
                  short ram intake custom
                  crane hi-6 ign.
                  14 miata alloy wheels
                  .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Working...
                  X