Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of putting rear flares on a 99ES and 18X8 And 18X9 Axis Wide Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of putting rear flares on a 99ES and 18X8 And 18X9 Axis Wide Track

I was just thinking about things that would be cool and different on a 99 ES
    I was thinking of putting on fender flares on the rear and a buddy club 2 kit but the thing that i want to do I want to put a wheel with a massive lip to go for that staggered look the ones I was looking at was the Axis WideTrack 18x8 with 2 1/2 lip in the front and 18x9 with a 4 1/2 inch lip on the rear well at least for car shows. Let me know what u think guyz and girls.
    Peace

I think you'll either have to roll some major fender and/or be hitting the struts. On top of that your 0-60 time will increase by 5 seconds and your stopping distance will almost double.

Comment

Trust me the wheel and tire combo won't be done until I have it sittin right and rollin in the fender is part of the plan. Just askin for a little opinion plus the ones is was lookin at was FWD with rear flares on Axis site I should have a enough room if done right
      Last edited by 99whiteES5spd; 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

why would you have wider rear tires in a fwd? with that you'll get some scary understeer.....

Comment

IM also looking into rear flairs just becuase my rear fender is ****ed up.

Comment

your not expecting the rear of a fwd to shoot out anyway. It wont affect the normal balance. Gives you an excuse to run a huge rear sway bar with no negative side effects.

Comment

hes talking about the size of the tire though...the rear tire is wider than the fronts, or will ya not be putting the fullwidth tire you can fit in the rear?

Comment

I think he intends to run a wheel of the same width, just more backspacing, thereby widening the stance.

That would look pretty damn goofy though, wider back tires than fronts on a FWD car.
                The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

Unless theres a gigantic FWD decal on the car how could it possibly look goofy. Im sure some ass hole will call you out on it but **** em. There opinion doesnt matter anyway.

Cars with big rear fenders look good .

Wider tires in the back of a car will make it over steer less but as a FWD you will never oversteer so you will have a more balanced car. This allows you to run a larger rear sway bar with out the worry of the back comming around on you on a tight braking turn.

Comment

you want the back end to come around easily on a FWD otherwise its alot of understeer....

Comment

Working...
                    X