Exterior and interior lights flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterior and interior lights flashing

I have a 99 Protege. The front signal lights and tail lights(not rear signals) as well as interior dash lights are flashing on and off as soon as I turn the car on. They act like the hazards do but it's not the hazards. If I turn on the running lights, or full head lights they don't flash but the interior lights still do I here it clicking. Any suggestions?

alarm

I bet you have an alarm going off in the car. Is this car fairly new? Did it ever have an alarm that you know of? Ive seen this before and its always been due to left over alarm, lights flashing just with out the siren. Look under the dash driver side and look for aftermarket wiring, module and get it removed.

Comment

I finally figured out the alarm thing on my own by a process of elimination but thats awesome that you figured it out just from the symptoms. Whenever I lock the car with the remote but unlock with the key the aforementioned light problem happens. I guess some type of silent, flashing alarm has to be disabled with the remote. I just bought the car a month ago and the guy said it came with keyless entry, nothing said about an alarm. I assumed it was stock, now I realize it's aftermarket. I found the black box under the steering wheel, no name or serial number on it. The remotes only say DSE Canada, which I found makes car alarms, but mine is so old I can't get any info on it. Maybe time to upgrade. Thanks for your response, you're great!

Comment

Lights Flashing

I have owned a 97 Taurus for 8 years, about a month ago the interior and parking lights started flashing (with no horn) for about 5 minutes after startup. I found several links pointing toward the transmission range sensor, this was not the problem. After finding "jewtewned" post, I finally found an aftermarket keyless entry / alarm system that had been installed. Removed this controller, relays, and wiring harness, problem cured! Thanx "jewtewned", this one was driving me crazy.

Comment

Working...
        X