No announcement yet.

Sport20 JDM bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, common sense would tell me that if the Sport20 grill would need to be modified to fit the stock bumper, it would be likewise the other way around.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by redrims
      make sure you keep the reciept...lol
      yeah really, your phucked with that one man, the front bumber is gonna fit like ass, the lines are totaly diffrent, pretty much the whole front end is diffrent, the rest of the kit will work, like back, and sides, but the front is gonna look like ass.

edit: also if you couldent tell from the pic of an mp3 that the front was diffrent, then you have problems man, there is no way i would trust them, when i see the pic and its totaly diffrent.
      Last edited by THEGOLDPRO; 12-22-2003, 10:40 AM.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

So does that mean that the Sport20 corner lens and grille won't fit? How much "trimming" can be done to make them fit w/o purchasing the front bumper?

Comment

The Sport20 grille is more "V" shaped than the stock grille, so you'd have to do some trimming in the center and fill in the sides with bondo or something. The Sport20 corner lenses won't work with the stock NA headlights because they are smaller. You will need the JDM headlights/corners/fenders.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

At the time when I bought the kit (back in 98), WW was advertising the kit to fit both the MP3 and sedan. Not till later did they realize the front ends of the two cars are way different. On each of the pieces, 99-02 is etched on them. I would assume that the kit I have is the last one made for 99-02 before it was switched to 01 and up. Maybe I'll get lucky and have it fit? We'll have to see........

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
            yeah really, your phucked with that one man, the front bumber is gonna fit like ass, the lines are totaly diffrent, pretty much the whole front end is diffrent, the rest of the kit will work, like back, and sides, but the front is gonna look like ass.

edit: also if you couldent tell from the pic of an mp3 that the front was diffrent, then you have problems man, there is no way i would trust them, when i see the pic and its totaly diffrent.

Comment

Unforunately, I doubt it.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

still dont think so but good luck

Comment

So who makes a good replacement front bumper with openings for foglamps?

Comment

Mine
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

the stock bumper fits oem foglights from mazda

Comment

How much did the bumper cost ya? I suppose the accompanying fender flares won't work with this Sport20 bumper, correct? Will the bumper fit foglamps other than those from Mazda? I have lamps from Pilot (which I believe WW recommends as does Mazda) but Im not too sure bout the proper size?

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                        Mine

Comment

$483 for the bumper/grille at www.corksport.com

The flares probably won't fit. Not sure about any other brands for fogs besides OEM, there's only 5 people in the US with this bumper in the first place. I'm ordering the OEM Pro5/MP3 fogs soon.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

boy, it sure does look like the bumper in your sig, already. What do you have on there now?

I much prefer the AUTO EXE Body Kit 'SW X-Tuning' - Front Bumper (99-00). Much cleaner. What's funny, though, is they show a P5 in the pic... sending them an email about that.
                            My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                            JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                            AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                              boy, it sure does look like the bumper in your sig, already. What do you have on there now?

I much prefer the AUTO EXE Body Kit 'SW X-Tuning' - Front Bumper (99-00). Much cleaner. What's funny, though, is they show a P5 in the pic... sending them an email about that.
                              Huh? I have the Sport20 bumper. What I meant was there's only 5 people that currently have this bumper on their car, to my knowledge.
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

oh, i didn't realize this thread started in december. chalk it up to not paying attention.
                                My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                                JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                                AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Working...
                                X