Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior Mods you have done to your protege!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterior Mods you have done to your protege!!

Hi, i have a 2000 protege, Ive been looking around for bodykits, but they all seem to be around $450-UP!!.. lol well i decided to get my stock bumper. and lower it about almost 3 inches. keeping the stock bumper look. here are some pics. I also made a hood out of my old hood. i had bought a new one because the old one was just all loose and floppy. i was gonna trash it , so i did a little somethign with it as well....

Some more pics of my project parts lol

[IMG][/IMG] so that is wat i've done recently to the car. over all, i've probably spent like 60 dollars or so on fiberglass and bondo.. it was something i did one freetime after work. am not a bodyman, but i try. only way you'll learn...I have the 02' headlights that i want to mold onto my 00' protege. i have an extra bumper that i got for 15 dollars just incase i messd one up. so ill try something different with that one. after i put my lowering springs i think it will look much cooler. then work on the rear bumper as well... Let me know wat you guys think. And post some pics of Your Pros.. Laters

Comment

Comment

post a pic of your protege...a comment would of been more useful.. that comment makes u look like a dick. or wait.. do u even have a 3rd gen protege?... lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by T3xazboy View Post
          post a pic of your protege...a comment would of been more useful.. that comment makes u look like a dick. or wait.. do u even have a 3rd gen protege?... lmfao
          No but he does have 1 of the sweetest 1st gens on this board.

I'll give you an A for effort but around these boards we're pretty much performance minded.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yeah .... sorry dude but i just dont see the point ... maybe a few better pics of the bumper.

most of the guys here seem to be function over form ... dont take it personally ... it's your car

Comment

I think his pontiac looks just fine.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

LOL @ tough-crowd.At least you put it out there for scrutiny.The bumper is ok as it is not quite as overstated as the hood.Hood mods are a tough call.
                Sometimes less is more but its a matter of personal taste.
                Powered by ACME

Comment

yeh.. well thats why the title of the post was.. "exterior" i mean isnt that why there are titles , so you know wat the bulletin is about? yeh just a matter of likes and dislikes, we all have different taste.. and if someone tells me the hoo dis a bit too much" or something.. i dont take it personal, thats why i put the pics up... anyways. thanks.

Comment

Well i knew you weren't going to like it but i had to do what i had to do.

Im sick and tired of people doing stupid stuff to their cars (yeah i said it) and others saying "well i wouldnt do it but good craftsmanship" when in reality its more like..NO...stop making us import enthusiast look bad...and thats for any crowd...honda, mazda, nissan whatever.....stuff like this is just awful....and until the admins tell me to stop or else i'll be banned, im going to keep speaking out against this kind of corny-ness.

Sorry man. Oh and the front bumpers not so bad....that hood though....:sigh:

Comment

ya bumpers not to bad. but hoods a little to ruff for me sorry many but props for doing the work yourself

Comment

good work with the bumper man. That hood has to go, it would have looked better with a wrx scoop taped on it
                        2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Comment

well :D that aint bad at all.. LIKE I SAID. IT is my OLD Hood.. i still have the factory brand new one. was just experimenting.. was gonna throw it away, so just did sum stuff to it. but the left nostril, works sort of like an air intake :D..wen its closed it lands right in front of the Air box.so thats pretty good in a way. oh dont worry i wont bother gettin this to admins.. after all.. its is under the right category... "interior/exterior" not under "engine" for you guys who say that yall are more into performance... might wanna read b4 u click, or else who knows.. might end up clickin your way into trojans..

Comment

well :D that aint bad at all.. LIKE I SAID. IT is my OLD Hood.. i still have the factory brand new one. was just experimenting.. was gonna throw it away, so just did sum stuff to it. but the left nostril, works sort of like an air intake :D..wen its closed it lands right in front of the Air box.so thats pretty good in a way. oh dont worry i wont bother gettin this to admins.. after all.. its is under the right category... "interior/exterior" not under "engine" for you guys who say that yall are more into performance... might wanna read b4 u click, or else who knows.. might end up clickin your way into trojans..
                            1st of all watch what you say because if anyone reports to me or any of the other mods/admin that they got a trojan or any virus I will personally ban you. That's not a threat, that's a promise. 2nd i , as well as a majority of the other mods/admin do check every single thread. Its our job. So right now I just put you on my list. Watch it.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

8/10
                              you're trolling now right? You can't be serious.
                              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                              Originally posted by HopelessCow
                              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
                              X