Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help removing rear door handle 03 LX

Hello all,

I am trying to remove the rear passenger door panel to diagnose a bad electric lock (actuator or rods) and cannot get the stupid handle off. The dealer service manual says thus:

I can do the second step, but the first step is kicking my butt. I cannot get even a small screwdriver under the seam of the handle cover to pop that tab in step 1. Is it really necessary to use a fastener remover? I know someone out there has done this, and I could really use the help. I've never had this much trouble getting off a door panel. Thanks!

lol.. well poll up from the bottom, more towards the front of the handle.. once u get the bottom of it to come off, just slide it towards the back, then it should come right off..
    Last edited by T3xazboy; 03-10-2009, 10:03 AM. Reason: had a spare panel, lol decided to take sum pics.

Comment

ok if your having trouble popin the door handle or window switch, under the handle, pull it as if u where goin to open it, it haves a screw holding it in place. once u take that one off, you can just pull it (doesnt need taht much force)

Comment

DUDE!! You rock!! Great pics! Now I can see that dang tab that's giving me all the heartburn. Apparently the manual's totally wrong about how to pull on the handle to release it. I was able to get the door handle and window switch out- they're straightforward as can be. I've pulled panels before, but this one is a beeyotch.

So I noticed that you're in Killeen. You at Hood?

Comment

Did you use a tool to release the front part of the handle cover?

Comment

just a screw driver lol. No am just frm. Killeen, not in the army or anything.

Comment

Ok, got it. Was not easy at all, but I think there was some glue in there. And the little plastic tab midway on the bottom broke. Probably from me pulling on it so hard. Hopefully it'll stay on once I get it all back together. Thanks for the pics- they helped a lot!

Comment

lol.. glue? hmm.. sumone must of prob broken that clip u talkd about and applied sum glue to make sure it would stay on. but you prob wont need it. the clips on the front and that plastic that goes inside the panel. will hold it in place.. Well No Problem. Glad i was of sum help.

Comment

Working...
                X