No announcement yet.

guage bulbs and HVAC bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aside from where the 74 bulbs light up, my guages are too dark to see easily the pic looks brighter than they are.

if you have reverse blue guages, why did you switch your bulbs? didn't you see what happened when witchdoctor switched his? the needles don't light up for **** with the blue LED bulbs and reverse glow gauges

Comment

I switched them because I don't like having a green odometer with blue gauges, a blue HU, and soon to be blue HVAC controls. I saw witchdoktor's pictures but I figured for $18 I'd give it a shot and see what solutions I could come up with. So now back to the drawing board. I'm gonna pull the thing apart today and see what my options are.

Comment

That's odd though. Because my needles still light up well. I've got the PCP gauges and 194's. The needle (notice I said needle and not needles) actually has a blue glow behind it which makes it look badass. I guess I just got lucky.

Comment

Which needle is it you're talking about? The speedometer is actually the one with the biggest problem. My temp and gas needles light up well, and the tach is reasonable bright but not as good as the little ones. There's no bulb directly behind the speedometer though, so it's pretty dark.

Comment

Yeah it is my speedometer that still lights up well.

Comment

Which 194's did you get? Were they the 6-leds or wide angles or what?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were the 6 leds.

Comment

It's probably a different bulb configuration without the tach.

Comment

That could be it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                      I switched them because I don't like having a green odometer with blue gauges, a blue HU, and soon to be blue HVAC controls. I saw witchdoktor's pictures but I figured for $18 I'd give it a shot and see what solutions I could come up with. So now back to the drawing board. I'm gonna pull the thing apart today and see what my options are.

put the stock bulbs back in, so the needles light up properly. if you want to risk your speedo needle, you could put some LED's right behind the odometer. one of these should be capable of making it light up blue.

Comment

I think I'm going to try gelling it first. There must be a green one already in there, because the clear bulbs show up green and the blue bulbs show up turquoise, so I'm going to see if I can take it out and cut another one to fit. I'm afraid this might mean taking the speedo needle off though... but with the butter knives that shouldn't be a problem, should it? The only issue was when you tried to pull the rod out too?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          I think I'm going to try gelling it first. There must be a green one already in there, because the clear bulbs show up green and the blue bulbs show up turquoise, so I'm going to see if I can take it out and cut another one to fit. I'm afraid this might mean taking the speedo needle off though... but with the butter knives that shouldn't be a problem, should it? The only issue was when you tried to pull the rod out too?

the gel is built into the guage face i was hoping to just take it out and put in different color bulbs, but no such luck. it's been a while since i took off my speedo needle, but i believe the metal rod comes off with it. if it doesn't, DON'T try to remove it. leave it in, it won't get in the way. the downside to trying to put gels behind the odometer is that you'll probably have to put a few pieces in to get the right blue color. then you'll nee some really bright lights to shine through it.

Comment

Well ****... I think I'm going to just have to poke at it for ideas.

Comment

How would you get to the odometer without taking the speedo needle out? I can barely even see what's down there with the gauge faces on, and they won't come off without taking the needle off.

Comment

Never mind, I got to it, and it won't move. I think I'll try gelling the light bulbs, because they'll have enough light coming out the sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X