Hail of alot of dents!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail of alot of dents!

i recently acquired this 99 protege es, and it has about literally 2-3 hundred hail dents on it from a storm in Tennessee this past year. (previous owner) any home garage tips to getting them out? i've heard dry ice placed on the dimple will make it pop back up? (although i don't know where i would get dry ice). i've tried a few times with a plunger on the hood and top and trunk deck. not much happened. it also has a bad dent in the back passenger door,near the door handle, i'll have to take the door panel off to get to. and the rear window pillar on the drivers side has a deep crease in it . would i have to take the head liner down to get to that one?. any ideas of popping these out without a body shop cost would be helpful. thankx

dry ice/heat gun i've heard work. our local hyvee grocery store sells dry ice. also some welding supply companies do too
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i have a dent remover meant for cars. It's like a suction cup thing that pulls the dents out. It is very powerful.
      Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

i bought a little suction cup dent puller at auto zone, no good though, dents are small. i saw a youtube video where a guy uses a hair dryer to heat up the dent and some cold spray to chill it, and the ding popped out. i wonder what the spray was? is there a "cold spray" on the market?

Comment

hmmm. I know that there is a "cold spray" that is used in sports for numbing. That stuff is really cold! Not sure what it is called though.
          Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

Working...
          X