Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio cuts out when driving

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems with the factory radio cutting out while driving :-( I guess it's time for a new one. I found one on the web
    called crutchfield.com. Has anyone ever worked with this company? Any problems?
    Another question, I have both the cd player/radio and the cassette player. If I were to purchase a new CD/Radio player Could I still use the cassette player with that? or just remove the Cassette player altogether? (leaving a gaping hole in the dash) :-(

Thank You for your input :-)

Crutchfield is a very reputable source. I've ordered from them multiple times. Quick delivery and detailed instructions. As for the tape player part, I'm not sure. Maybe get a double din headunit.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

id make sure its not a wiring issue before replacing it. if its cutting out, that could just be a bad ground that needs to be re-done
      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
      What are you driving?

Comment

Your CD player and cassette deck are two seperate parts? I thought the 3rd gen had a DDIN sized unit. In any case, Metra makes a kit that provides a filler pocket for using a DIN headunit, or you could grab a DIN sized storage compartment from a base model 3rd gen at a junk yard. I like them because they have a little door with a slick mechanism and have that excellent OEM look.

Comment

^
          i have one of those 3rd gen pockets in my 626 even. i grab them everytime i see them. there hella useful for stereo install's in tons of cars.

its a fuzzy pic. but you can see it here.

~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
          X