Window Trim Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Trim Question

Hi, new guy here. Just bought a '99 Protege. I tried searching, but I didn't have much luck. I'm trying to find replacements for the exterior black plastic strips at the bottom of each window. All 4 of mine have sun rotted away and left jagged edges that snag on a cloth when cleaning the windows. What are these things called, what is the part number, and where can I get replacements?

Thanks!
    Roger

First of all, welcome to the community. We are very glad to have you as a member and hope that you find all the information you seek within our many, knowledge-filled pages.
    Now, about your inquiry:

They are called the Outer Belt Molding Assemblies. Here are their part numbers:
    Front Left: B25D-50-650A
    Front Right: B25D-50-640A
    Rear Left: B25D-50-670D
    Rear Right: B25D-50-660D

Prices from www.jimellismazdaparts.com show $32.92 each for the front and $42.45 each for the rear. The fronts are a two-piece assembly (according to the diagram) and the rears are a three-piece design (according to the diagram), which could explain the higher price for the rear molding. Those are dealership prices, of course, so look around.

I've ordered parts from Jim Ellis Mazda before using their online catalogue and it's very simple and they ship quick. I just received a Blower Motor Resistor today that I didn't expect to get until the end of the week. I've also ordered a Clutch Pedal Assembly to help with my transmission swap. I highly recommend this site for exact-match, OEM equipment. You could always go to your local Mazda dealer as well, just have the part numbers with you to make sure you get the correct parts.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. That's what we're here for.
    Last edited by irishkev90; 01-30-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Excellent! Thank You!

Comment

You're welcome. Always here to help.

Comment

Working...
        X