Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

92 Mazda Miata Rims fit bolt pattern but front brake caliper keeps them from turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Mazda Miata Rims fit bolt pattern but front brake caliper keeps them from turning

92 Mazda Miata Rims fit bolt pattern but my front brake caliper keeps them from turning.
    I wanted aluminum wheels for my 1999/2000 Protge so I bought some 92 Miata Rims. The bolt pattern is fine, but when I bolt them down, the front wheels won't spin because of an interference with the front brake calipers.

Can anyone think of a workaround? Can I offset them with some spacers or washers? What would the consequences on my handling or alignmnet or steering?

Has anyone encountered this before?

I love these rims, I would sure like to get them to fit.

Google wheel spacers and you'll find products that are out there for this very purpose. But do read up on spacers and their effects on suspension stress, tire to body fender clearance, etc. Probably not an issue if you're just looking for a few millimeters, but I'd be aware of them just the same.
    2002 Protege DX, 1974 VW Standard Beetle

Comment

I guess I got lucky. I installed some Miata rims (1999 I think) on my 2000 Protege and they fit fine.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ege&highlight=
      Last edited by tradosaurus; 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Should work just fine. A buddy on Facebook just went into winter mode with his Protege. I've personally put Miata wheels right onto a BJ Protege and it was fine. Close, but fine. I can't think of what the issue would be.

Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Working...
        X