No announcement yet.

gauge installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the ones from procarparts.com. i didnt have to take the needles off. you can slide them over, but you have to be real patient and careful. i took my cluster out of the car and sat at my desk for about an hour trying to do it. It can be done and it looks great

Comment

good to know neerajg, welcome to the club.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by neerajg
        i have the ones from procarparts.com. i didnt have to take the needles off. you can slide them over, but you have to be real patient and careful. i took my cluster out of the car and sat at my desk for about an hour trying to do it. It can be done and it looks great
        Can you slide them over with this gauge set http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465021533 ?? If you can, how big of a risk is it to do it that way?
        Last edited by spoonman; 03-09-2004, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonman
          Can you slide them over with this gauge set http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465021533 ?? If you can, how big of a risk is it to do it that way?

Wouldn't every gauge go on the same way? I mean the holes look the same on all of them. So probably the ones there would fit on just like any other ones.

Anyways, I've been looking for some reverse gauges also, but no place have them with the tach. Guess I'll just wait for PCP to get some in.

EDIT:Corksport has some, forgot to look there. Probably order a set tonight.
          Last edited by dh29; 03-09-2004, 04:47 PM.

Comment

look at ebay. they have em there

Comment

I installed the gauges myself successfuly without breaking any needles or anything! It really isn't that hard, you just have to be careful and bend the hell outta the gauges as you put them on. Check em out here http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...265#post805265

Comment

good job, looks nice, and its good to know that we all broke our needles for nothing.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                X