2003.5 MSP Spoiler Install Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003.5 MSP Spoiler Install Concern

While trying to install my 2003.5 MSP rear spoiler on my 2003 ES, i came across a question-

The area in question is highlighted by the red box. My dad, an engineer at Ford, claims there is a body clip that mates up to that nipple. I seem to think that it is simply an alignment hole. Does anyone know for sure whether or not there is a type of body clip that mounts to that. I didn't recieve any in the package, and I ordered it directly from MNAO. Anyone try this before or have a 03.5 Speed and took their wing off?
    Last edited by NegatiZE; 06-23-2004, 10:38 PM.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

the bodyshop that put mine on seems to have installed one. why not call Mazda to be sure.
    Sagaris

Comment

Shoot, i'll call them, do you have their number?

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Rtfm??? I'm confused

Comment

Rolling on The Floor Masturbating.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Try a mazda speed dealership parts department. Or there should be a number with the papers that came with the wing.
            Sagaris

Comment

I didnt get any papers with the wing, and I called the dealership that sells Mazdaspeed parts and they told me they had no idea, and that noone had ever asked that question.

Comment

rtfm = read the ****ing manual. hes being a dick as usual.
                Sagaris

Comment

thanks Motegi, I finally put it on and just drilled the extra holes - no big deal really. I just figured i'd double check on the forum first and see if anyone had experience with this.

Comment

well problem is will it leak when it rains?
                    Sagaris

Comment

seal the holes with silicone... it works really well and is completely waterproof

Comment

So if you had to drill holes, then I am taking it that the stock es spoiler holes in the trunk lid do not line up with the ones on the 03.5 msp spolier?
                        Patrick
                        SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

^^ nope
                          Sagaris

Comment

yes and no. The stock holes where the ES spoiler is bolted onto the decklid match up. The MSP spoiler doesnt use bolts like a stock ES spoiler, rather it has studs set into the spoiler and you need 4 M6x1 nuts to bolt it down. The 2 holes i drilled were for the nipple piece that was on the inside edge of the spoiler (in the pic on top, inside the red box). I used silicone ot seal around that, and also the seal that was already on the spoiler, so it should be waterproof. I guess i'll just have to wait and see when it rains around here...

Comment

Motegi here ya go-

I like it

Comment

Working...
                              X